Groovy Grape Getaways
Join Groovy Grape Getaways for small group tours in air conditioned comfort. See the Barossa Valley, experience outback Australia travelling between Adelaide and Alice Springs or spectacular views along the Great Ocean Road between Adelaide and Melbourne.
Alice Springs to Adelaide Two Day Tour – GGG03
. Day One – Depart Alice Springs at 0630 travelling south along the Stuart Highway, stopping at Erldunda for breakfast. Next stop is Marla for lunch. Then on to Coober Pedy and free town tour. Explore Coober Pedy before dinner. Overnight accommodation in underground Bunkhouse.
. Day Two – Depart Coober Pedy at 0700. Travel south again along the Stuart Highway for breakfast stop at Glendambo. Arrive in Port Augusta for lunch. Continue to Port Wakefield and onto the Central Bus Station in Adelaide at 1800 or Glenelg at 1830.
. Wednesday and Saturday all year round, departing at 0630.
Adelaide to Alice Springs Seven Day Tour – GGG02
Adelaide to Alice Springs Desert Patrol highlights include the Flinders Ranges, travelling up the Oodnadatta Track, Anna Creek Cattle Station, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and Kings Canyon.
. Day One – Depart Adelaide between 0615 and 0700. Travel to the Flinders Ranges via Quorn. Afternoon walks according to season. Overnight Bunkhouse at Angorichina in the Central Ranges.
. Day Two – Destination Outback. Travel up the Oodnadatta Track, stopping at ochre cliffs, Lake Eyre and Mound Springs to William Creek. Sleep under the stars.
. Day Three – Journey across Anna Creek Cattle Station to Coober Pedy via Lake Cadibarrawirracanna and the Dog Fence. Afternoon exploring and noodling for opals. Overnight underground.
. Day Four – Travel up the Stuart Highway to Uluru (Ayers Rock). Set up camp Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort) before sunset view of Uluru. Overnight under the stars.
. Day Five – Sunrise breakfast at Uluru. Guided cultural walks and visit to Cultural Centre. Afternoon to relax. Overnight under the stars.
. Day Six – Morning at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) hiking the Valley of the Winds. Afternoon to Watarrka (Kings Canyon). Overnight camping at Kings Canyon Resort.
. Day Seven – Spend the morning at Watarrka, hiking to the Garden of Eden. Lunch and on to Alice Springs arriving at approximately 1830.
. Tuesday and Friday all year round at 0615.
Great Ocean Road and Grampians Three Days – GGG04
Depart either Adelaide or Melbourne, highlights include spectacular coastal scenery on the Great Ocean Road and the Grampians National Park.
. Day One – Depart Adelaide and travel through the picturesque Adelaide Hills to mid morning snack stop in Keith. Continue onto Mount Arapiles for lunch and then to the Grampians National Park. Spend the rest of the day exploring, hiking and viewing Aboriginal art sites. Overnight accommodation in comfortable hostel at Halls Gap in the centre of the National Park.
. Day Two – After breakfast visit Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre. Take major walks to enjoy the magnificent scenery. After lunch we head south to the Great Ocean Road. Stop at all the spectacular features including Bay of Martyrs, London Bridge and Loch Ard Gorge. Enjoy sunset at the Twelve Apostles. Overnight Hostel accommodation in Port Campbell.
. Day Three – Early breakfast and return to the Twelve Apostles before the crowds arrive. Take great photographs in the morning light. Walk down Gibson’s Steps to the beach. Drive to the rainforests of the Otway National Park for lunch. Take time out to relax in Apollo Bay and Lorne and then hit the famous surf coast of Anglesea, Bells Beach and Torquay before heading into Melbourne.
. From Adelaide on Tuesday and Saturday all year round, and Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from November to April departing at 0645.
. From Melbourne on Tuesday and Friday all year round, and Sunday, Tuesday and Friday from November to April departing between 0645 and 0730.
Rock 2 Water Five and a Half Day Tour – GG06
The Rock 2 Water tour will depart Alice Springs to Adelaide every Tuesday. The five and a half day/five night tour explores the best of the red centre before heading south through Coober Pedy.
. Day One – No need to rush! We leave at 1300 so you’ve got all morning to get organised. Arrive at Uluru in good shape to set up camp and go out for our first Uluru sunset. Nothing really prepares you for The Rock – it’s awesome. After a hearty dinner we hit the swags for an early start next day.
. Day Two – Up with the birds for a sunrise breakfast at Uluru. We have time to walk around the base. Enjoy a guided cultural walk and spend time learning about the Aboriginal people at the Cultural Centre. There is enough time to do everything including climbing Uluru, however the Aboriginal owners would prefer it if you didn’t. It’s your choice!
. Day Three – Another fantastic sunrise breakfast, today it’s at Kata Tjuta (The Olgas). We hike the majestic Valley Of The Winds with its incredibly ancient rock formations before returning to camp for lunch. The afternoon is spent making our way to Kings Creek Station where at the end of the day after a hearty dinner we once again settle into our swags around the campfire.
. Day Four – After breakfast we walk Watarrka (Kings Canyon). Fantastic views of the gorge, huge sandstone walls and an immense canyon floor. Lunch is at the campground, with an early departure for the bar and swimming pool at Kulgera Roadhouse just down the road. Dinner, lots of stories and an overnight stay at the roadhouse.
. Day Five – Coober Pedy by lunchtime. Opal capital of the world and a landscape a lot like Mars. The locals live underground and so will you. After a tour of the town enjoy a beer in the pub, go noodling for opals or visit an opal shop. There’s a special stargazing tour tonight, one of the real highlights of the trip.
. Day Six – Last day. Big day. Incredible changing landscape, kangaroos, emus, eagles, road trains, genuine bush characters and enough stops to keep you happy along the way. Relax in air conditioned comfort and settle into our deep reclining seats as we cruise to Adelaide, arriving around 1800.
. Departs Alice Springs on Tuesdays at 1300.
Boomerang Two Day Tour – GG05
Heading north or south? Groovy Grape’s Boomerang trip guarantees a cheap and cheerful journey from Adelaide to Alice Springa or Alice Springs to Adelaide with the chance to explore Coober Pedy the opal capital of the world. Staying in underground accommodation you get to sleep like the locals.
. Departs Adelaide Saturday at 0630.
. Departs Alice Springs Saturday and Wednesday at 0630.
Barossa Valley Day Tour – GGG01
Come and enjoy a day in the the Barossa Valley. Travel through the Adelaide Hills to the site of the world’s largest rocking horse, discover the enchantment of the amazing Whispering Wall before viewing the beauty of the Barossa Valley. Visit the little town of Lyndoch and on to Orlando – home of Jacobs Creek. Next stop is Tanunda the most picturesque and historical town in the Barossa to explore the many art galleries and souvenir shops. Enjoy a relaxing barbecue Aussie style at Richmond Grove with a choice of beef, kangaroo, chicken, pork or veggie burgers, served with delicious salads. Note: In the event of bad weather an indoor meal will be supplied. After lunch wander through the valley and up to Menglers Hill to see the view from the lookout and then two more tastings at Bethany Winery and one other selected winery.
. Daily from approximately 0745 to 1730.
- Bush Walking
- Wine Tasting
- National Park
- Off Road Driving
Accommodation In Adelaide
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Groovy Grape Getaways
- Absolute Beachfront Accommodation
- Adelaide Accommodation
- Adelaide Airport Motel
- Adelaide Beachfront Tourist Park
- Adelaide Caravan Park Cabins
- Adelaide Central YHA
- Adelaide City Fringe Apartments
- Adelaide City Garden Apartments
- Adelaide East Serviced Accommodation
- Adelaide Granada Motor Inn
- Adelaide Heritage Cottages
- Adelaide Heritage Cottages
- Adelaide Hills B&B Accommodation
- Adelaide Oakford Apartments
- Adelaide Oakford Apartments
- Adelaide Old Terraces Florences
- Adelaide Old Terraces Wisteria Terrace
- Adelaide Royal Coach
- Adelaide Serviced Apartments
- Adelaide Shores Caravan Resort
- Adelaide Shores Holiday Village
- Adelaide’s Toorak Gardens Quality Serviced Apartments
- Adelong Luxury Spapool Villas
- Aldgate Creek Cottage Bed and Breakfast
- Aldgate Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Aldinga Bay Holiday Village
- Aldinga Holiday Park Cabins
- All Seasons Adelaide Meridien
- Allessandro Maandini’s Ryokan
- Almond House
- Aman Apartments
- Ambassadors Hotel Motel
- Anchor Cottage
- Angove Villa Executive Bed And Breakfast
- Apartment, The
- Arkaba Hotel Motel
- Athelney Cottage
- Atlantic Tower Motor Inn, Glenelg
- Austral Hotel
- Aviators Lodge Motel
- Bay Hotel Motel
- Baybeachfront Apartments
- Bayswaterfront Holiday Apartments
- Bayview Holiday Apartments
- Beach Shack On The Esplanade
- Beach Woods Eco Tourist Park
- Beachside Holiday Units
- Best Western Adelaide Riviera
- Best Western Ensenada Motor Inn & Suites
- Bindarah Valley B&B
- Bishops Of Basket Range – Henry’s
- Bishops Of Basket Range – The Waterfalls
- Blue Galah Backpackers Hostel
- Blueseas Cottage
- Botts Beach Retreat
- Brighton Caravan Park and Holiday Village
- Broadbeach Bed and Breakfast
- Brownhill Creek Caravan Park
- Burdett’s Hillgrove House
- Burdett’s Waratah Cottage
- Burnside Serviced Apartments
- By The Reef Bed And Breakfast
- Cannon Street Backpackers
- Carrington Gardens
- Castle Keep B&B at Thorngrove, The
- Casuarina Cabin
- Cedar Cottage Bed And Breakfast
- Chapel Bed And Breakfast, The
- Chelsea Apartments
- Chifley On South Terrace, The
- Chippings Cottage
- Christies Beach Tourist Park
- Christies Seahorse
- Citrus Cottage
- City South Apartments
- Cladich Pavilions
- Clyde’s Cottage
- Cockleshell Cottage
- Comfort Inn Anzac Highway
- Comfort Inn Haven Marina
- Comfort Inn on Marion
- Corfu Holiday Suites
- Cornwall Park
More Tours In Adelaide
Discover some of the tours options around Cornwall Park
- 4WD Aussie Outback Adventures
- A Taste Of South Australia Wine Tours
- A&D Tours & Charters
- About The Bush By Jingo
- Adelaide Ballooning
- Adelaide Biplanes
- Adelaide Central Market Tour
- Adelaide Gondola
- Adelaide Prestige Chauffeured Services
- Adelaide Sightseeing
- Adelaide Tailor Made Tours
- Adelaide’s Top Food And Wine Tours
- Adventure Tours Australia
- All Chauffeured Services
- Ambassador Limousine Service
- Aussie Assist Tourism Services
- Aussie Heritage Tours
- Australian Freewheelin – Charters and Tours
- Backpacker Adventure Tours
- Banksia Adventures Pty Ltd
- Beadell Tours
- Beyond The Barriers
- Beyond Tours
- Blue Water Sea Kayaking Glenelg
- Bookabee Tours and Cultural Services
- C&D Exclusive Tours
- CMT Classic Motoring Tours
- Cultural Tourism Professionals
- Department for Environment and Heritage
- Des’s Minibus Tours And Charters
- Desert Sky Tours
- Diverse Travel Pty Ltd
- Endeavour Tours
- Enjoy Adelaide
- Flagstaff Coaches & Southern Cross Tours
- Fore SA Hosted Golfing Holidays
- Gary Grimes Classic Adventures
- Gekko Tours
- Getaway Cruises & Charters
- Glenelg Scuba Diving Centre
- Gray Line Adelaide
- Great Sights
- Groovy Grape Getaways
- Gulf Port Fishing Charters
- Heading Bush 4WD Adventures
- Hel-a-va Jet Boats
- Heli Air Pty Ltd
- Hills Explorer
- Holiday Wonders
- Hughes Chauffeured Limousines (SA)
- In Vogue Limousines
- Integrity Tours And Charter
- Kangaroo Island Air And Sea Adventures
- Kangaroo Island SeaLink
- Life Is A Cabernet Tours
- Mistertinhead’s Travels
- Occasional Cars
- Oscar’s Outback Tours
- Outback Encounter
- Parkwood Personalised Tours
- Petra’s Tailor Made Tours
- Premier Stateliner Coach Group
- Presley Limousines
- Prime Mini Tours
- PRISMTEAM Haunted Tours
- Proud Australia Nature Cruises
- Rock Solid Adventure
- SA Skydiving
- SmartCar Adelaide
- South Australian Scenic Tours
- Surf Culture Australia
- Susie’s Boutique Tours
- Swagabout Tours
- The Great Australian Outback Cattle Drive
- Tour Delights
- Tour Down Under 2007
- Tourabout Adelaide
- Underwater Sports Diving Centre
- Venture Wine Tours Australia
- Visability Chauffeured Tours Charters & Transfers
- White Orchid Limousine Service
- Wine Lovers Tours
- Wombatventures Pty Ltd