A cosmopolitan waterfront destination
Alive with activity day and night Darling Harbour is hugely popular with visitors to Sydney. It has developed into one of the city’s largest dining, shopping and entertainment precincts. One of Sydney’s newest hotspots King Street Wharf, just five minutes walk from the city centre, presents a broad range of casual dining and entertainment options. From succulent steak at Coco Roco, fresh seafood at Nick’s Bar & Grill, to authentic Malaysian at The Malaya and funky noodles at Wagamama. or lounge harbourside style at Cargo Bar, a nightspot popular with Sydneysiders.
Cockle Bay Wharf, on the eastern side of Darling Harbour, offers three levels of terraces, waterfront promenades, al fresco cafes and five star restaurants. Across the water lies Harbourside Shopping Centre, offering a fresh and dynamic mix of shops, restaurants and food outlets with stunning views of the city skyline.
Darling Harbour is home to several major Sydney attractions including Sydney Aquarium, the Australian National Maritime Museum, the IMAX theatre, the Outback Centre, the tranquil haven of the Chinese Garden of Friendship and nearby Powerhouse Museum. Darling Harbour can be navigated by foot or above ground on the famous monorail.
Darling Harbour Highlights….
- Take a ferry, cruise, sailboat, yacht or speedboat tour from Darling Harbour.
- Learn about Aboriginal heritage at Gavala Aboriginal Art and Cultural Education Centre located within Harbourside.
- Enjoy the unique night-time visual spectacular of Darling Harbour’s Waterscreens laser show.
- Take the light rail to the Sydney Fish Market for the freshest seafood in town and join a guided tour or learn to master seafood via a gourmet cooking lesson.
- Visit Star City for the Lyric Theatre, clubs and casino.
Activites and Experiences at Darling Harbour precinct
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Service Club
- Coach Stop
- Convention Centre
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Medical Facilities
- Public Telephone
- Takeaway Food
- Visitor Centres
- Food and Wine