With the mouth of the wide, lazy Hastings River on one side and the sparkling blue Pacific Ocean on the other, Port Macquarie is a water lover’s paradise where surfing, water skiing, sailing, deep-sea fishing, dolphin and whale watching, scuba diving and great fishing are all available.
Away from the beach, there are plenty of activities for all interests and ages. Action and adventure in a high speed boat, 4wd tours, scenic river cruises and family attractions. Explore the galleries, arts and crafts centres and museums.
Combine this with great shopping, good food and wine and for your ideal holiday or short break, you have just what you need.
- Take a stroll along the riverside breakwall, watch the pelicans drift by and chat to the anglers.
- Pack a picnic or grab some local fish and chips and find yourself a shady spot beside the river.
- Climb up to historic Tacking Point Lighthouse and sip champagne at sunset.
- Keep an eye out for pods of dolphins as you stroll along the coastal walking tracks.
- Take a scenic flight in a sea plane, historic tiger moth, jet fighter or microlight.
- Dine out on some fresh Hasting River Oysters – freshly prepared at one of the riverside cafes.
- Visit the patients of the Koala Hospital.
Greater Port Macquarie
With the best climate in Australia, it’s not surprising that Greater Port Macquarie is amongst Australia’s longest established and most popular holiday destinations. Head south to the Camden Haven to rediscover the laid-back holidays you remember from your childhood, take your time exploring the rolling green hinterland and vast National Parks surrounding Wauchope and be spoilt for holiday choice in Port Macquarie. Whatever time of year you visit, you’ll find that Greater Port Macquarie has just what you need.
Activites and Experiences at Port Macquarie
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Boat Ramp
- Bottled Gas
- Licensed Club
- Service Club
- Coach Stop
- Currency Exchange
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Dog Kennels/Catteries
- Mechanical Services
- Medical Facilities
- National Park
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Visitor Centres
- Places of Worship
Nearest Airport: Port Macquarie
Accommodation In Port Macquarie
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Port Macquarie
- All Seasons Ki-ea Apartments
- Anchors Bed and Breakfast
- Azura Beach House Bed And Breakfast
- Beach House Holiday Apartments
- Beachcomber Resort
- Beachside Holidays Apartments
- Best Western Macquarie Barracks
- Cathie Court
- Country Surfside Motel Resort
- Edgewater Holiday Park
- El Paso Motor Inn
- Excelsior Motor Inn
- Flynns Beach Caravan Park
- Flynns Beach Resort
- Flynns On Surf
- Hastings Valley Motel
- HW Boutique Motel
- L&Bs By the Sea
- La Gandera
- Lavender Cottage Beach House – The Beach House Built for Two
- Leisure Tourist Park & Holiday Units
- Limeburners Lodge
- Marina Holiday Park
- Motel Mid Pacific
- Northpoint Apartments
- Ocean Breeze Motel
- Oxley Cove Holiday Apartments
- Port Aloha Motel
- Port Macquarie Hostel
- Port O’Call Motel
- Quality Inn & Suites Port Macquarie
- Quality Resort Sails
- Rydges Port Macquarie
- Shelly Beach Resort
- South Pacific Apartments
- Strathmore Lodge
- Sundowner Breakwall Tourist Park
- Teranga Holiday Apartments
- Timbertown Resort & Motel
- Trendwest South Pacific Flynns Beach – WorldMark
- Vacation Village
- Waterview Holiday Apartments
- Woodlands Bed & Breakfast