Sydney City Centre, NSW
The Central Business District of Sydney is home to some of the city’s best shopping arcades and malls. There are over four hundred specialty stores in eight major retail centres in Pitt Street Mall alone, where you’ll find the re branded Myer department store.
It’s hard to miss Australia’s tallest structure, Sydney Tower, where you can travel to the top to take in spectacular 360-degree views of Sydney, inside, or outside on Skywalk.
Shop in style at the famous Queen Victoria building then discover Castlereagh and Elizabeth Streets, home to many international designer labels. Just a few blocks away you’ll find other exclusive boutiques like Tiffany and Co. at Chifley Plaza.
Australia’s oldest and most prestigious department store David Jones is on the corner of Market and Elizabeth Streets and is renowned not only for its fashions, but also for its Food Glorious Food department, a gourmet’s dream come true. Buy a baguette from their bakery and cheese from their extensive deli and wander over to Hyde Park for an impromptu picnic.
Sydney City Centre Highlights
- Explore the beautifully restored Victorian shopping arcades, such as the Queen Victoria Building and the Strand Arcade.
- Visit the Archibald Fountain and ANZAC Memorial in Sydney’s famous Hyde Park.
- Sydney Architecture Walks provide Sydney guided tours led by professional Architects departing from the Museum of Sydney.
- Visit designer label retailers including Chanel, DKNY, Ferragamo, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Versace, Bvlgari, Cartier and Armani.
- Take a walk down to the George Street cinema precinct to catch a latest release movie.
- Grab a late night meal or snack at one of the many late night dining venues in the city.
Sydney City Centre Map
- City Sightseeing
- Dinner Cruising
- Food and Wine