A vibrant beach atmosphere promoting a relaxed lifestyle
Coogee beach’s bay-like tranquillity is popular with families, couples and travellers alike. It also attracts joggers, swimmers, cyclists and roller bladers who all appreciate working out in Coogee’s easy-going atmosphere. Coogee’s characterised by a refusal to take itself too seriously.
Don’t miss the chance to go on an invigorating coastal walk along sandstone platforms, checking out Maroubra Beach in the south and Clovelly, Bronte and Bondi Beach in the north. If you fancy conquering the waves a surf school operates from Maroubra Beach. Or you can swim in the protected marine reserve of Gordons Bay, just north of Coogee Beach, a haven for snorkelling and scuba diving. Coogee Bay Road boasts smart restaurants alongside hip cafes and fish and chip shops. Away from the beach, try your luck at nearby Royal Randwick Racecourse on a race day. Or watch up and coming stars at a public performance at NIDA, the National Institute of Dramatic Art where many of Australia’s fine film actors have studied.
- Join locals in the scenic coastal walk enjoying the wonderful ocean views, rock pools and flora and fauna.
- Relax over brunch at any of the numerous cafes offering all day breakfasts.
- Enjoy a meal with a view or a relaxed drink with friends at the beach side Aquarium Bar, Cushions, Coogee Bay Hotel or the Clovelly Hotel.
- Immerse yourself in a marine wonderland by scuba diving or snorkelling at Gordons Bay with one of the local dive operators.
- Play a round of golf at one of the international standard golf courses.
Activites and Experiences at Coogee
- Sports Participate
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Food and Wine
- Water based