Sydney Northern Suburbs
Bounded by Sydney Harbour, the Pacific Ocean and Sydney Harbour National Park, Sydney’s North offers a tranquil hideaway only a short ferry ride from the city centre. Sydney’s North includes the popular shopping areas of North Sydney and Chatswood, the sophisticated harbourside shopping village of Mosman and nearby Balmoral Beach and further north the relaxed, cosmopolitan beachside suburb of Manly.
Manly is a place of natural beauty, beach culture and good living. Manly offers a range of recreational activities such as learning to surf or dive, bike riding, roller blading or parasailing in the summer months, or just relax and enjoy the ocean views and harbour breezes at one of the cafes or restaurants.
Sydney’s North also offers a wide range of shopping experiences. Browse through the shops along Military Road, Mosman for quality clothes and designer homewares. Reward yourself with lunch or dinner at one of the waterfront restaurants on the esplanade at nearby Balmoral Beach only a short bus ride from Mosman.
Northern Suburb Highlights……
- Travelling north is half the fun – the ferry or JetCat journey from Circular Quay across Sydney Harbour to Manly, or Mosman Wharfs or Taronga Zoo is a must do.
- Discover nearby Taronga Zoo, and enjoy the breathtaking harbour views at the world’s only harbourside zoo.
- Enjoy picturesque views of native bushland in a coastal setting on the Manly to Spit Bridge scenic walk.
- Get energised by taking part in activities like bike riding, roller blading, tennis, golf and parasailing. Or head to the beach for a surf or SCUBA lesson at Manly Beach.
- From Mosman Wharf take the bus to the village of Mosman and browse through the designer boutiques and homeware stores.
- Swim at Balmoral Beach, one of Sydney Harbour’s best, followed by fish and chips on the beach.