A sophisticated shopping village surrounded by harbour beaches
Situated on Sydney‘s lower north shore, Mosman is a smart yet relaxed harbourside suburb just a short ferry ride from Circular Quay. Mosman, in between Sydney’s famous Taronga Zoo and the harbour beach of Balmoral, enjoys spectacular views from its elevated position. It’s a choice place to pick up quality clothes with a good range of contemporary designer stores and boutique shopping options. An assortment of gourmet delis, florists, beautifully presented homeware stores and antique shops add to the village ambience.
Fortify yourself with lunch and a coffee then browse through the shops along Military Road. If you fancy exploring further on foot go on an easy bushwalk through the leafy suburb to Bradley’s and Middle Head, part of Sydney Harbour National Park. You’ll be rewarded by unsurpassed views of the harbour and city skylines.
Nearby Balmoral Beach is a popular spot for locals performing their daily exercise regime along the length of the Balmoral Esplanade. The esplanade is also home to the well-known restaurants, Bathers Pavilion and The Watermark, as well as casual cafes.
- Take a ferry from Circular Quay to Taronga Zoo or Mosman Wharf and take the bus to the village of Mosman.
- Discover nearby Taronga Zoo, and enjoy the breathtaking harbour views at the world’s only harbourside zoo.
- Swim at Balmoral Beach, one of Sydney Harbour’s best, followed by fish and chips on the beach.
- Relax at The Spit waterfront recreation area with marinas, restaurants and canoe hire, or join a local kayak tour.
- Food and Wine
- National Park
- Locality: Suburb
- Mosman Postcode: 2088
- State: New South Wales
- Region: Sydney
- Latitude: -33.82908
- Longitude: 151.24409
- Elevation: 79m
- Population: 28475
- Median Income: $67340
- Area (Sq/km): 8.65
- Timezone: Australia/Sydney