Centrally located on Kangaroo Island, Pardana is a hub that provides access to the north and south coasts of the island, Seal Bay and Flinders Chase National Park.
Often described as a typical Australian country town, wildlife can often be seen on road verges and, in late winter and spring, they are covered with wildflowers. The Soldier Settlement Museum is also here, with a historical display of the early years of the development of the island’s heartland by returned soldiers. Parndana was the town centre for the Soldier Settlement Scheme, which commenced in 1948 when the country was cleared for rural purposes.
The town has a small shopping centre and bakery, churches and a community hotel which can offer evening koala tours by foot.
Parndana is on the Playford Highway, 40 kilometres from Kingscote.
The Spinners and Weavers Guild conduct a wool spinning demonstration and sell hand spun knitwear each Thursday afternoon.
Activites and Experiences at Parndana
- Automatic Teller Machine Parndana Community Hotel.EFTPOS available at Clarke’s Store and Parndana IGA General Store.
- Banking Facilities Parndana Welcome Mart – Agent for Commonwealth Bank and EFTPOS, Clarke’s Store – Agent for BankSA and EFTPOS.
- Licensed Club
- Service Club Masonic Lodge, Lions Club
- Public Bar Parndana Community Hotel
- Medical Facilities Every Thursday
- Post Office Clarke’s Store
- Takeaway Food Parndana IGA, Clarke’s Store.
- Places of Worship Anglican, Lutheran, Uniting
Accommodation In Parndana
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Parndana
Tours In Parndana
Discover some of the tours options around Parndana