Replenish your soul with alternative food and therapies
Glebe is a popular residential area renowned for its New Age vibe. It’s architecturally interesting with its charming mix of workers’ cottages and grand 19th century abodes inhabited by a colourful mix of residents including artists, old time locals and students of Sydney University.
The area is renowned for its array of alternative therapy outlets and quality bookshops and has a good selection of restaurants and cafes. Whilst there is an admirable range of upmarket dining options, the wholesome menus of the cheerful cafés more accurately reflect the essence of the Glebe experience. The Saturday market provides an outlet for local craftspeople to sell their work as well as a mix of bric a brac, clothes and New Age essentials.
- Enjoy lunch at one Glebe’s cafes specialising in organic and wholesome gourmet delights.
- Visit an onsite herbalist or enjoy a massage or pamper session at a local holistic health centre.
- Wander along tree lined Glebe Point Road and visit the famous Gleebooks or the numerous health food and alternative health shops.
- Explore the back lanes and discover historical hidden treasures such as Toxteth Estate and Lyndhurst.
- Take a stroll along the water’s edge or enjoy a picnic in nearby Bicentenary Park.
Nearest Airport: Sydney
- Food and Wine
- Locality: Suburb
- Glebe Postcode: 2037
- State: New South Wales
- Region: Sydney
- Latitude: -33.88082
- Longitude: 151.18779
- Elevation: 33m
- Population: 11532
- Median Income: $43368
- Area (Sq/km): 1.693
- Timezone: Australia/Sydney