Kingsthorpe is 15 minutes drive west of Toowoomba and offers excellent tourism accommodation and emerging wineries.
Both Gowrie Mountain Estate Vineyard and Cellar Door and also Wedgetail Ridge Estate Winery are open by appointment. Gowrie Mountain Estate offers accommodation onsite in the historic homestead, while Sugarloaf Mountain Country Retreat offers accommodation close to both wineries.
The eastern part of Rosalie Shire has several scenic lookouts which provide expansive views over Rosalie Plains and portions of the Darling Downs. One of the most easily accessible is located just outside Kingsthorpe at Mt Kingsthorpe Park.
A graded walking track from the lookout’s car park takes visitors to the summit, which provides expansive views as well as a glimpse of some of the original rainforest vegetation that once covered all of Mt Kingsthorpe.
Activites and Experiences at Kingsthorpe
- Cycling Kingsthorpe has flat areas suitable for cycling. Bring your own bicycle.
- Fruit Picking Vineyards.
- Gambling Hotels.
- Game Playing Sports Ovals.
- Golfing Goombungee Golf Club.
- Sightseeing Lookouts.
- Skating Skatebown in Rosalie Walk.
- Tennis Sports Complex.
- Wine Tasting Gowrie Mountain Estate Vineyard and Cellar Door and also Wedgetail Ridge Estate are open by appointment.
- Banking Facilities Banking facilities at the Post Office.
- Bottled Gas Produce Store.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale General Store.
- Golf Goombungee Golf Club.
- Public Bar Two Hotels.
- Mechanical Services
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Supermarket General Store.
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Winery Gowrie Mountain Estate Vineyard and Cellar Door and also Wedgetail Ridge Estate are open by appointment.
- Places of Worship
- Aussie Lifestyle
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Toowoomba
Accommodation In Kingsthorpe
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Kingsthorpe