This historical town started as a railway siding. In its heyday the town was a major trading centre with the population growing up to 250 residents and then they slowly drifted away. Now there is a town hall, railway station and a school – but on any given day, only around seven residents can be found in Cooladdi.
Nearby Quilberry Creek, 100 metres from the town, has numerous waterholes suitable for fishing, swimming, yabbying and camping.
Activites and Experiences at Cooladdi
- Fossicking As Cooladdi lies in the Quilpie region, fossicking is abundant in the area which is rich in opals. Licences can be obtained from the Fox Trap Roadhouse.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale Available at the Fox Trap Roadhouse.
- Fuel Available at the Fox Trap Roadhouse.
- Medical Facilities Medical Kit at the Fox Trap.
- Police Charleville police patrol the area.
- Rail Terminal
- Tennis Court
- Aussie Lifestyle
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- Outback Queensland Tourism
Nearest Airport: Charleville