The town of Urandangi close to the Northern Territory border, is a small settlement that was founded in 1885 when partners Charles Webster and James Hutton built a store. In its heyday in the 1920s, it was an important centre for travellers and drovers using the Georgina and other stock routes. The town has a hotel, which also serves as a store, and a few houses. The locals are welcoming and a cold drink and a yarn is a great way to while away a couple of hours. Good fishing and birdwatching spots can be found along the Georgina River.
Activites and Experiences at Urandangi
- Birdwatching Good birdwatching spots can be found on the banks of the Georgina River.
- Airport Light air strip for private planes.
- Chemist Some non-prescription supplies available at the store.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Fuel Petrol and diesel available.
- Medical Facilities Royal Flying Doctor is available for transport.
- Supermarket Hotel and store carry a range of grocery items.
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping
- Fishing Yellowbelly (golden perch) and black bream in waterholes of the Georgia River.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Outback Queensland Tourism
Nearest Airport: Mount Isa