During the summer season holidaymakers flock to Arno Bay to enjoy the mild climate, the boating and angling and the peaceful, relaxing atmosphere.
Arno Bay began as a shipping port servicing the local farming districts, where superphosphate was brought in and cereal crops were sent out. The jetty, an old beacon and the original super shed still stand as a reminder of this era.
The scenic shoreline stretching away from Arno Bay is formed by a series of lovely beaches surrounded by unique cliff formations. One of these unique areas, known as Redbanks, was once designated a geological monument by the Geological Society of Australia.
A visit to nearby Hincks Conservation Park and pristine Wharminda Soaks is a must for bushwalkers to discover interesting rock formations, abundant wildflowers and flora. Nilka’s Simply Rustic Gallery, a unique 1909 building, once the farm’s shearer’s quarters, is now home to works of art, pottery and craft for sale. Call them on 08 8628 9050 for opening times.
Activites and Experiences at Arno Bay
- Fishing – Beach
- Fishing – Deep Sea
- Sports Viewing
- Ambulance St John’s
- Banking Facilities Bank SA agency at Supermarket, Commonwealth Bank agency at Arno Bay Post Office
- Bottled Gas
- Chemist Cleve Dental Surgery
- Licensed Club
- Service Club Progress Association, CWA, Sporting Club
- Dentist Cleve Dental Surgery
- Hospital Cleve Medical Centre
- Public Bar Arno Hotel
- Newsagent Arno Bay IGA
- Police Cleve
- Post Office
- Supermarket Arno Bay IGA, Arno Bay Mini Mart
- Takeaway Food Arno Bay IGA, Arno Bay Mini Mart
- Places of Worship Uniting
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture
- Water based
Accommodation In Arno Bay
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Arno Bay