Fraser Island Whale Watch Cruise
Experience Fraser Island plus humpback whales from Kingfisher Bay Resort.
Seeing a whale in the wild is the experience of a lifetime and one of the easiest and safest places to watch whales is in the Hervey Bay marine park.
This area is regarded as the whale watch capital of the world because of the number of whales and the calm, clear waters, sheltered by Fraser Island, which provide excellent viewing.
From August to October, about 1,500 humpback whales take time out from their migration to spend anywhere from a day to two weeks relaxing and nurturing their calves.
During this time, Kingfisher Bay Resort on Fraser Island has daily whale watching cruises to get you out amongst the whales very quickly. Marine rangers on board the Kingfisher whale watch catamaran provide commentary on the whale’s behaviour.
The whales are curious about the whale watch boats and often come in close to dive under the boats and swim around. They often provide spectacular action. To see an animal the size of 11 elephants rise out of the water or wave its’ tail flukes is a thrill of a lifetime.
Kingfisher whale watch catamaran gives guests comfortable and good views of the whales with all round viewing from the upper deck and a viewing deck on the lower bow.
Kingfisher Bay and all its tours have Advanced Ecotourism Accreditation and the whale watch tour was the first to be accredited in Australia.
Kingfisher Bay Resort has a two night whale watch package, which includes return catamaran transfers from Hervey Bay, resort hotel accommodation, hot buffet breakfasts and a half day whale watch cruise with morning tea.
This package gives you time to relax and have fun at Kingfisher Bay Resort and explore Fraser Islands’ ancient rainforest, beautiful lakes and beaches.
Activites and Experiences at Fraser Island Whale Watch Cruise
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- National Trust
- World Heritage
- Marine Animal watching See the great humpback whale migration, mothers and calves at play. Whales come in close to the boat. Expert marine ranger commentary. All round viewing decks. Whale behaviour videos. From August to October.
- Car park Available at Urangan Boat Harbour.
- Checkin Desk Ranger desk at the resort and the Kingfisher Bay Resort desk at the Hervey Bay Mainland Terminal at Urangan Boat Harbour for Kingfisher Bay Resort guests.
- Public toilet Available on the whale watch cruise.
- Eco Tourism
- Nature based
- Water based
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Brisbane Marketing
- Fraser Coast
- Fraser Coast South Burnett
- Tourism Sunshine Coast
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Motor Vessel
Accommodation In Fraser Island
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Fraser Island.
More Tours In Fraser Island
Experience some of the other tour ideas around Fraser Island.