Nornalup Riverside Chalets, Walpole
Our chalets occupy a wonderfully peaceful setting overlooking the tranquil Frankland River,’The river of perfect reflections’, opposite dense bush of the spectacular Walpole Nornalup National Park. The river is ideal for boating and black bream fishing, with canoe hire available on-site. Canoeists are often mesmerised by the enchanting river, along the banks of which the vegetation gently caresses the still dark waters, and at times gentle breezes ruffle the surface creating a moving tableaux of shimmering silver that scurry across the surface.
There are several nearby beaches for fishing, swimming and walking, as well as the famous Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk, with Tingle forest at ground level on the Ancient Empire Walk. Also nearby is the acclaimed Bibbulmun Track, with walk trails through majestic stands of tall Karri, Marri and giant Tingle trees.
Beside the chalets is a licensed restaurant, and parkland opposite includes a boat ramp, jetty and playground equipment.
Our location is ideal for visiting Walpole (nine kilometres), Denmark(40 minutes) and Albany (80 minutes).
Relax and unwind in one of our seven chalets which include four star luxury western red cedar spa chalets with fully equipped modern kitchens with stoves and microwaves, and include pot belly heaters, queen size beds and bay windows overlooking the river. There are also very comfortable four and three star fully renovated settler chalets that have balconies with a view of the river.
All the chalets are fully self contained, and include linen, colour television, electric blankets and heated towel rails.
There is an attractive barbeque (gas) area with covered seating and overhead lighting. The native gardens and bird feeders on the chalet verandahs attract a wide range of bird life, including western rosellas, firetail finches, currawongs, ducks, swamp hens and various nectar eaters.
Activities and Experiences at Nornalup Riverside Chalets
- National Tourism Accreditation Program
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Estuary
- Animal Viewing
- Car park Car parking available on premises may be outdoor or undercover or security parking
- High Chair Childs High Chair available in dining room
- Laundry Laundry facilities including wash tubs, clothes dryers, washing machines and irons, available for guests use
- Playground Children’s playground on-site
- Public Telephone Public Telephone available on premises
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly Establishment has a wood heater or pot belly stove
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Relaxation Leisure
- Romance Ideal, sentimental or fantastic view of reality
- Sport Canoe racing or activity/location suitable for canoeing
- 4 Stars
- Clock Radio Room has a clock radio
- Linen Sheets/pillowcases and towels provided in room
- Television System for reproducing on a screen colour visual images
More Accommodation In Walpole
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Walpole.
Tours In Walpole
Experience some of the tours options around Walpole.