Daintree Valley Haven, Daintree
Daintree Valley Haven is a tropical retreat offering three self-contained bed and breakfast cabins on a lovely secluded 30 acre property in the Daintree River valley, near Daintree National Park. The perfect hideaway accommodation for birdwatchers, honeymooners and wildlife enthusiasts or for relaxing for a while during a busy holiday schedule. Within easy driving distance of Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge, Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef.
Eight kilometres beyond Daintree Village, at the end of a winding, scenic valley trail lies a peaceful haven with an abundance of tropical birds, with well over 100 species having been identified. There are wildlife books, a Bird Log and binoculars and if required your hosts can help with advice on local expert guides. There are beautiful butterflies, tropical fruits and colourful gardens, rainforest gullies lead into the large natural dam and there are easy walking tracks – and incredible star-gazing on clear nights!
Each cabin is situated in its own private location with a pleasant view from the verandah over the rainforest and dam with its ever-changing birdlife and its resident platypus and saw-shelled turtles. Guests may spot a bandicoot or one of the pretty little swamp wallabies.
A daily breakfast basket is supplied and includes a platter of home-grown tropical fruits and locally-grown coffee and tea. Guests may prepare their own meals or enjoy dining out in one of several restaurants in the Daintree Village area. A big old, open-sided shed contains the barbecue and jacuzzi spa, board games and a dart-board – even a hammock to which you can retire with a good book!
Peace and tranquillity with no passing traffic, no telephone and no television – just the sounds of nature!
Activites and Experiences at Daintree Valley Haven
- Birdwatching Over 100 species identified on the property.
- Fruit Picking Guests may pick tropical fruit in season.
- Game Playing Selection of board games plus dart board available.
- Animal Viewing Platypus, swamp wallabies and bandicoots are frequent visitors.
- 24 hour Reception
- Adult Retreat Suitable for adult getaways and honeymoons.
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park
- Vehicle wash facilities
- Gardens in property
- Iron Available on request.
- Laundry Use of laundry available on request.
- Outdoor furniture
- Tour Desk
- Flora and Fauna
- Honeymoon Peace and quiet with privately located cabins.
- Nature based
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- American Express
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Not Available
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Cooking Facilities – Limited The cabins have a cook top but no oven.
- Insect screens
- Microwave oven
- Mini Bar
- Non Smoking Room
- Stereo/CD player
- Tea/Coffee making facilities