Left Bank – Kilkivan, The, Kilkivan
Enjoy country hospitality in a historic bank at The Left Bank in Kilkivan. Built early last century as the Union Bank of Australia Ltd, the premises operated continually from the early 1900s right up to the late 1990s, when the bank ‘left’ Kilkivan. Kilkivan is just two and a half hours drive from Brisbane on the Wide Bay Highway and one hour and 20 minutes from the Sunshine Coast at the start of the South Burnett Wine Trail.
Try fresh home cooking, pies, biscuits, cakes and scones for morning or afternoon tea or have a home cooked meal in the air-conditioned BYO café. The walls of the old bank house a variety of art and showcase works by talented Australian and local artists. A local produce shop is part of the old bank chamber so you can take home a taste of the region.
Stay over-night in the unique Bed and Breakfast in the old Bank Manager’s residence. Enjoy the country style hospitality of hosts, Bruce and Rae Hurley. The Left Bank offers a choice of three double rooms, two with an adjoining spa and one in the original Servant’s Quarters with its own original wash-house where you can have a real bath in an antique claw-foot bath. Hearty breakfast is included in the tariff and all meals can be catered for upon request. Winters by the fire while sipping on a glass of South Burnett wine. Awake to the song of birds and go for a walk in the clean country air. Nights in Kilkivan bring the clearest skies for star gazing. See you soon at The Left Bank. Award winner for Unique Accommodation, Fraser Coast South Burnett Region three years in a row and inducted into Tourism Hall of Fame 2005.
Activites and Experiences at Left Bank – Kilkivan, The
- Birdwatching Abundant bird life.
- Bar Guests only.
- Car park
- Vehicle wash facilities
- Cafe/Coffee shop Home cooking.
- Communal Kitchen
- Communal Refrigerator
- Entertainment Range of videos and movies.
- Library Antique magazines dating back to the 1940’s.
- Movie Hire Movies available free.
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Public Telephone Email facilities available.
- Restaurant – BYO
- Safety deposit box Old bank safe available.
- TV/Lounge Area
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly
- Rural/Country Country town experience.
- Nature based Wonderful bird watching.
- Rainforest Hoop pine forest.
- Relaxation Relax and let us spoil you.
- Wildlife Bird watching and country scenes, cattle, kangaroos, birds and horses.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Fraser Coast South Burnett
- South Burnett
- Visitor Information Centre South Burnett Tourist Association.
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Money Order
- Not Available
- Ceiling Fan
- Electric Blanket
- Insect screens
- Shared bathroom
- Spa Spa in bathroom.