Sydney Eastern Suburbs, NSW
From the city to the surf, the area east of the city centre is the most diverse part of the city. Discover the vibrant inner city suburbs of Darlinghurst and Kings Cross, the designer shopping areas of Paddington, Darlinghurst and Double Bay, the fashionable beachside suburbs of Watsons Bay in the North and Bondi Beach, Bronte Beach, Coogee and historic La Perouse in the South.
One of the best ways to explore the area is on the Bondi and Bay Explorer Bus. Visit Australia’s best-known entertainment area, Kings Cross buzzing with activity day and night. Continue your journey through the exclusive suburbs of Double Bay, Rose Bay, Vaucluse to Watsons Bay where you can enjoy a relaxing stroll, stunning harbour views and a pleasant al fresco lunch.
From here enjoy the rugged eastern coastline that takes you to the famous Bondi Beach. Be seen with the rich and famous at one of the trendy cafes or join the surfers and sample the waves.
Heading south with spectacular ocean views to Bronte, Clovelly and Coogee Beach, where upmarket restaurants jostle with fish and chip shops at these popular beachside suburbs.
Further South is La Perouse (pictured below) with historical and indigenous history and picturesque bays.
Eastern Suburb Highlights……
- Enjoy waterfront al fresco dining at one of the classy restaurants lining Finger Wharf, Woolloomooloo, offering excellent views of the city.
- Dance all night at the popular clubs or relax in the hip environs at a trendy lounge bar in Kings Cross.
- Pick up a bargain at the Paddington Market held every Saturday.
- Nearby Moore Park offers sporting, entertainment and recreation; visit Fox Studios Bent Street for the latest shopping, dining and cinema experience or hire a bicycle or roller blade in Sydney’s Centennial Park.
- Explore the European-style lanes and arcades for designer clothing, fine jewellery, antiques, and gifts at Double Bay.
- Take the Bondi to Bronte scenic cliff walk and reward yourself with fish and chips or a fresh mango whip at the Bronte end or for the more energetic continue on to Coogee.
- Learn to surf with the locals at Bondi or Maroubra Beach.