Rocky Creek Farmstay, Biggenden
Enjoy a farm holiday at Rocky Creek, where you are encouraged to get involved with the cattle work, farm activities, including trail rides, on a horse suited to your abilities, through the Australian bush with wallabies, kangaroos, goannas and dingoes.
One of the highlights of Rocky Creek is the wonderful, secluded bush camping area at Lemon Tree Flat, nestled at the foot of Mt Walsh National Park, offering quiet, peaceful surroundings with barbecues and camp ovens permitted.
Drive your own four wheel drive or come on safari to Coongara, walk through the rainforest, swim in rock pools, enjoy a picnic lunch at awesome Coongara Rock, the Garden of Eden, Palm Valley, Cave Rock or the huge rock caves scattered in the area.
Just over an hours drive from Bundaberg and an hour and a half from Hervey Bay, Rocky Creek offers an excellent opportunity to combine a holiday on the farm with a visit to Lady Elliott and Lady Musgrave Islands, the Southern Great Barrier Reef for some of the world’s best diving, or visit Fraser Island, the worlds largest sand island, where you will enjoy rainforest, numerous fresh water lakes and wild life, as well as Whale Watching in season. These package holidays can be arranged for you.
For visitors who want to see the ‘Real Australia’ and experience life on a beef cattle property, this is an ideal opportunity to stay with an Aussie family. Enjoy country hospitality, home cooked meals in comfortable accommodation offering fantastic views. Lounge around the pool, take a relaxing ride and enjoy the beautiful surroundings, or for the young and young-at-heart, feed the lambs and goats, or train as a Jackaroo/Jillaroo on the four day experience. Whatever your choice, you will be sure to enjoy your stay at Rocky Creek Farmstay.
Activites and Experiences at Rocky Creek Farmstay
- Bushwalking Bushwalking through national park and state forest.
- Camping Bush camping is available.
- Farm/Station activity Participation in farm activities is offered.
- Horseriding Horseriding for beginners, advanced. Eighteen horses to choose from.
- Spotlighting On request.
- Swimming Salt water pool.
- Walking 1200 acres available for walking.
- Courtesy transfer Available from Childers.
- Communal Lounge
- Library Available in house with wide range of reading material.
- Non Smoking Establishment No smoking in the home.
- Open fireplace
- Swimming Pool Outdoor Nine point four metre salt water pool.
- TV/Lounge Area
- Active Horse riding, bush walking, four wheel driving, mountain.
- Adventure Horse riding, bush walking, four wheel driving, mountain.
- Aussie Lifestyle Enjoying the Australian farm life.
- Caravan and Camping Bush camping and bush walking.
- Cultural Aboriginal history.
- Farm/Station Accommodation on farm, activities available.
- Flora and Fauna Farm is adjacent to National Park.
- Homestay Accommodation is in hosts own home.
- National Park Tours of National Park available.
- Nature based Surrounded by nature.
- Relaxation Chance to unwind looking at beautiful scenery.
- Wildlife Wildlife spotting available.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Australian Bed and Breakfast Council
- Australian Farm and Country Tourism Inc.
- Bundaberg Tourism
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Not Available
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Cooking Facilities – FULL Only meals supplied.
- Insect screens
- Iron/Ironing board
- Non Smoking Room
- Open fireplace
- Spa In the inground pool.
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
More Accommodation In Biggenden
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Biggenden.