Meandarra is the hub of a prime production area of grain, cattle, and sheep and is the location of a popular fishing and camping spot.
This community has the largest store facilities for Queensland grown wheat, with harvesting from mid-October to mid-November.
Brigalow Creek is well know for its water-lilies and fishing for golden perch and jewfish. Camping is permitted on the creek.
Meandarra is home to an extensive display of military equipment. The fascinating display is on a modern broad acre, dry land farming and grazing property with cereal crop production and beef cattle. Also on-site, a native wildlife preservation programme offers excellent opportunities to observe and photograph a diverse range of flora and fauna.
Stop off at the Leo Gardon Apex Park where free electric barbecues and picnic facilities offer pleasant surrounds.
Activites and Experiences at Meandarra
- Accommodation Hotel, motel and camping.
- Banking Facilities National Australia Bank. Heritage Agency within the Meandarra Newsagency.
- Public Bar
- Mechanical Services
- Medical Facilities Health and Community Care Centre.
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities Swimming pool, bowls club, golf club, tennis courts, football and cricket ground.
- Supermarket Foodstore.
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Places of Worship Catholic, Uniting, Church of England and Assembly of God churches.
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping Camping at Brigalow Creek.
- Educational Farm and military equipment tours.
- Environmental A native wildlife preservation at Wollambi.
- Farm/Station Wollambi Farm Tours.
- Fishing Brigalow Creek.
- Flora and Fauna
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Toowoomba & Golden West
Nearest Airport: Tara