The original inhabitants of the Glenorie area were the Darug people. The Darug were the custodians of the majority of what is now the Greater Sydney region. They were divided into a number of different ‘clans’, whose quick demise upon European settlement has sadly resulted in very little information remaining on how the local area was utilised.
Glenorie was originally known as North Dural. In April 1894 local residents offered the Colony’s Postmaster General two names: Hazeldene and Glenorie. The name Glenorie was accepted because it had the support of the local progress association. Glenorie was named after a town in Scotland.
The town of Glenorie has a rural flavour though it is close enough to the major suburbs of Castle Hill and Dural to offer all the necessary services. Activities for visitors include: bushwalking, scenic drives, parklands and tennis.
Nearest Airport: Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, Mascot