Camden Haven, NSW
The natural beauty of the Camden Haven is breathtaking. Quiet waterways, great fishing, spectacular national parks and family friendly beaches, are why holidaymakers return year after year.
Just half an hour south of Port Macquarie you’ll find the seaside villages of the Camden Haven strung out along the mouth of the Camden Haven River. On the north side of the river, you’ll find North Haven with its alfresco cafes, shady barbecues, riverside picnic areas and crashing surf beach. Sleepy Dunbogan is opposite with its sheltered swimming beaches and traditional boatshed, and bustling Laurieton nestled at the foot of North Brother Mountain, is the home base for the local fishing fleet and one of the best fish co-ops on the coast.
Dooragan National Park
Dominating the skyline is majestic North Brother Mountain, in Dooragan National Park. Enjoy grand coastal views from the mountain summit, which is accessible by sealed road.
Kattang Nature Reserve
Located at Camden Head, three kilometres east of Laurieton, the beauty and natural diversity of Kattang make it ideal for bushwalking, photography, birdwatching and fishing.
The northern half of Queens Lake is a nature reserve, making it an ideal sanctuary for a wide range of birdlife. The southern foreshore provides a dedicated walking track, which meanders along the Lake, taking in the diversity of flora and fauna.
· Watch the fishing fleet navigate the mouth of the Camden Haven River at sunrise.
· Pick up a bargain at the Riverside Walk Markets.
· Visit the Reflective Gardens at St Peter the Fisherman Catholic Church.
· Enjoying a long alfresco lunch in one of the riverside cafes.
· Paddle a canoe on Queens Lake or follow the walking trail along the southern foreshore.
· Camp amongst the kangaroos at Diamond Head in Crowdy Bay National Park.
Nearest Airport: Port Macquarie
About Camden Haven
- State: New South Wales