Murchison, three and a half hours’ drive northeast of Geraldton, depicts the real Australian outback with open space, beautiful scenery, natural pools, historic homesteads and an abundance of wildlife.
Situated on the Murchison River, Murchison’s surrounds are mainly pastoral lands which offer the chance to experience working with sheep and cattle on the unique station stays available.
In spring, after winter’s rainfall, wildflowers including everlastings and acacias bloom.
Just a 20 minute drive to the settlement’s west are the rock formations of Errabiddy Bluff.
As well as station stay accommodation, the Murchison area offers a roadhouse, caravan park and camping options.
Activites and Experiences at Murchison
- Farm/Station activity
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Public Bar
- Public Telephone
- Takeaway Food
- Aussie Lifestyle Typical Australian way of living
- Farm/Station On a farm or station with the option to participate in the activities of the property.
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Historic/Heritage Nation’s historic buildings, monuments, countryside etc, especially when regarded worthy of preservation
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
Nearest Airport: Geraldton