1770 Holidays – Ride the LARC
For a trip you will never forget, jump aboard the pink army LARC, an amphibious craft that will take you for a thrilling ride across deserted sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and pristine estuaries as you make your way to the isolated Bustard Head Lighthouse located within Eurimbula National Park.
You’ll hear the tales of tragedy and triumph as early white settlers and lighthouse keepers struggled to tame this remote wilderness. You will see some of the prolific wildlife that inhabits the area and you will gasp in awe at the spectacular panoramic view from the historic Bustard Head Lighthouse.
And on the way home, you can experience the thrill of sand boarding down the towering dunes of Middle Island.
The LARC’s (Lighter Amphibious Resupply Cargo Vessels) are named in honour of Sir Joseph Banks and Dr Daniel Carl Solander, the two eminent botanists who accompanied Lieutenant James Cook.
Day Trip includes morning tea, lunch and an Aussie Billy tea.
Activites and Experiences at 1770 Holidays – Ride the LARC
- Aussie Host
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- Off Road Driving
- Fishing – Estuary Optional.
- Sandboarding On Middle Island – boards supplied.
- Car park
- Checkin Desk
- Public phone In the bait and tackle shop.
- Public toilet
- Eco Tourism
- Fishing Optional activity – bring own gear.
- Flora and Fauna
- Historic/Heritage Town of 1770 and Bustard Head Lightstation.
- National Park Eurimbula National Park – Bustard Head Conservation Park.
- Nature based
- Off road
- Remote Inaccessible by road.
- Soft Adventure
- Water based
- Wildlife Kangaroos, birdlife, scrub turkeys, turtles and dolphins.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- Bundaberg Tourism
- Fraser Coast
- Gladstone Tourism
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Commentary Local area history, lighthouse, indigenous and wildlife.
- Interpreter Service Available for groups – two days notice is required.
- Meal Morning tea and lunch.
- Resource Material Copy of Lighthouse of Tragedy for reading on board.
- Toilet At Bustard Head, self composting pit toilet.
- Amphibian LARC (Lighter Amphibious Resupply Cargo).
Accommodation In Town Of Seventeen Seventy
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Town Of Seventeen Seventy.