Off Beat Tours
A unique fun-filled journey off the beaten track, enjoying exclusive access to one of the world’s last remaining subtropical rainforests. Experience nature at its awesome and majestic best in the Conondale National Park; over 34,000 hectares of rainforest wilderness within the mountainous Conondale Range. Situated in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, the park is an hour’s scenic drive from coastal beach resorts, mountain cascades, waterfalls and spectacular gorges.
Relax for a day in the peace and tranquillity of this unique environment. Enjoy the personalised service, away from tedious crowds and busy schedules. You will be transported in purpose built four wheel drive luxury to the oxygen factory of the Sunshine Coast; to places where no one else will take you; to see wonders that no one else can show you. Millions of plants, some pre-dating the age of the dinosaurs, form the basis of a living, breathing wilderness; a mosaic of insects, mammals and reptiles.
Your knowledgeable and humorous guide will take you to little known areas to observe rare and endangered flora and fauna, as you stroll through nature’s wonderland. Tour groups often wander down to a secluded rock pool under a cascading waterfall for a refreshing swim, or maybe just to listen to the sound of the tinkling water in a clear mountain stream.
Lunch, served in a secluded spot under the rainforest canopy, is also a feast for the senses; chilled sparkling wine with nibbles of local seafood and cheeses, followed by a main of marinated chicken and beef, accompanied by a variety of fresh salads, savoured with a wonderfully crisp Semillon chardonnay. No need to scrimp on this tour!
So if you give a day of your time to Off Beat Tours, they will give you the magic of the rainforest and a lifetime of memories.
Activites and Experiences at Off Beat Tours
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- Off Road Driving Luxury appointed four wheel drive bus – goes right off the beaten track.
- Barbecue Gourmet barbecue lunch served under rainforest canopy.
- Birdwatching Over 245 species in the area, some endangered.
- Bushwalking Both on and off defined tracks in the rainforest.
- Flora Rare and endangered plants and trees of the rainforest.
- Learning/Lessons/Tuition Significance of rainforest from accredited guide.
- Sightseeing Exclusive vehicle access to pristine rainforest.
- Swimming In secluded rockpools under cascading waterfalls.
- Bush Tucker Recognise and sample some native bush tucker.
- Animal Viewing Wildlife in its natural habitat.
- Walking On and off defined track in rainforest.
- Car park Parking is available for Brisbane day trippers.
- Public toilet Available at locations throughout the day.
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Eco Tourism
- Flora and Fauna
- Food and Wine
- National Park
- Nature based
- Off road
- Soft Adventure
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Tourism Sunshine Coast
- Sunlover Holidays
- Visitor Information Centre
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Money Order
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Air-conditioning Air-conditioned (with individual controls) vehicle.
- Commentary Fun-filled and informative commentary.
- Drop off At Sunshine Coast accommodation.
- Meal Morning and afternoon tea and gourmet lunch provided.
- Pickup At Sunshine Coast accommodation.
- Seat belts Provided for each person.
- Four Wheel Drive Purpose-built 14 seater four wheel drive bus.
More Tours In Conondale
Experience some of the other tour ideas around Conondale.