Magnetic Island Sea Kayaks
Take part in the fun, excitement and adventure on this multi award winning tour, when you join Steve on Magnetic Island’s first and only nationally ‘Advanced Ecotourism’ accredited tour. You will discover the Island’s World Heritage National Park and Marine Parks from the quiet of your kayak while ‘Viewing Nature in the Wild’, drifting over seagrass beds and coral gardens without disturbing the environment.
Check in at 0800, prior to safety briefing and instruction before departing on a guided tour with a maximum of ten customers, returning approximately 1245.
Paddle within metres of huge granite boulders and let your worries drift away as you marvel at the rugged beauty of the coastline.
Take a relaxing break and enjoy a tropical breakfast on a secluded and picturesque beach. Learn about the areas history and ecology on the Islands most informative and only true environmentally friendly tour, where we take only photos and leave only footprints. No experience is necessary as full instruction is provided.
No experience necessary as full instruction is provided.
Magnetic Island Sea Kayaks is owner operated by Steve Rowland, who has been running the business since 1995. He is an Australian Canoeing Qualified Advanced Level 3 Sea Kayak Instructor and Guide, with over 20 years experience guiding and teaching kayaking around the world.
Freedom Rentals – double and single kayaks are available for rent, including full safety equipment, on a daily basis to experienced paddlers to explore Magnetic Islands’ coastline.
Group bookings are available – these can be tailor made to the specific needs of each group, ranging in time duration from introduction to kayaking sessions, skills development, training and assessment for Australian Canoeing Awards, team building and leadership activities or full day tours.
Activites and Experiences at Magnetic Island Sea Kayaks
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- Birdwatching Observing, identifying and bird counts.
- Exercising Sea Kayaking involves physical exercise.
- Flora National Parks visited.
- Seakayaking Main activity of the tour.
- Learning/Lessons/Tuition Full instruction given.
- Swimming Available at rest stops.
- Animal Viewing Marine and bird life.
- Marine Animal watching Whales in season and dolphins and turtles.
- Walking Beach walks at breakfast stop.
- Water-based Main activity of the tour.
- Car park Available at departure/arrival point.
- Checkin Desk Located at departure/arrival point.
- Public Transport Taxi, bus, ferry, car barge are available.
- Public phone Fifty metres from departure/arrival point.
- Public toilet Available at departure/arrival point.
- Active Requires physical activity to paddle kayaks.
- Adventure We take people out of their everyday comfort zone to experience something out of the ordinary.
- Beach Tropical breakfast on a secluded beach.
- Eco Tourism The Island’s first and only eco-accredited tour.
- Educational Full instruction given.
- Environmental Discover the Island’s national marine parks from a sea kayak.
- Flora and Fauna View nature in the wild.
- Island Takes place around a world heritage island.
- Marine Most of the activity occurs at sea.
- National Park Viewed along route and visited for breakfast.
- Nature based Takes place in the wild.
- Reef Drift over coral gardens and sea grass beds.
- Remote Most places visited have no road access.
- Soft Adventure Sea Kayaking is often described as soft adventure.
- Water based
- Wilderness 70 per cent of the Island is National Park surrounded by Marine Park.
- Wildlife View nature in the wild.
- World Heritage Magnetic Island is a world heritage island in the Barrier Reef.
- French Basic only.
- German Basic only.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Business/Trade/Corporate Group options. Pre and post tours.
- Empty Nesters
- Family Minimum age is seven years, each person under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Group Group options are available – maximum of ten people.
- Townsville Enterprises
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Commentary Guided tour.
- Drop off By the Island Bus Company.
- Meal Breakfast on a secluded beach.
- Pickup By the Island Bus Company.
- Resource Material
- Kayak Sea Kayak (doubles or singles).
Accommodation In Magnetic Island
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Magnetic Island.
More Tours In Magnetic Island
Experience some of the other tour ideas around Magnetic Island.