Triple J Tours
The township of Kununurra would not exist today without the development of the hugely successful Ord River Irrigation Scheme. It has created a permanent ecological system along the Ord River and is now recognised as one of the most significant bird and wildlife sites in the East Kimberley. Triple J tours explore this system by boat and show visitors the entire expanse between Kununurra (Lake Kununurra) and the Ord River Dam (Lake Argyle).
The boat cruises also combine with coach tours that highlight Lake Argyle and the Dam Wall at the Lake Argyle Tourist Village. Choose to join the boat for an entire afternoon (five and a half hours) or mix it up with a 70 kilometre scenic coach tour that visits the historic Argyle Homestead (before joining the boat).
You will see spectacular gorges, a huge variety of birdlife, beautiful Kimberley flora and undoubtedly some of the most awesome scenery to be experienced in north west Western Australia, all from the seat of state of the art, comfortable and shaded vessels.
In addition you will receive one of the most informative commentaries on the Ord River Scheme and its resulting successes. Guides on board have been described as walking encyclopaedias and include the 2002 WA facet Golden Guide winner Jeff Hayley.
Triple J Tours has been recognised as one of the most professionally operated companies in the Kimberley and has designed experiences that enhance the natural environment of the area. Any of the five tours available will be a memorable experience and Triple J Tours guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Activites and Experiences at Triple J Tours
- National Tourism Accreditation Program
- Animal Viewing
- Car park Car parking available on premises may be outdoor or undercover or security parking
- Cruise To sail from place to place for pleasure
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Environmental Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture
- National Park
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Off road
- Soft Adventure Experiencing some adventure but in comfort and style
- Water based
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Tourism Council Australia
- Visitor Information Centre
- American Express
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Diners Club
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Commentary Descriptive information provided during trip/tour.
- Meal Dining facilities on service
- Pickup Transport of persons/cars etc from hotels or specific locations in local area to departure point
- Seat belts Seat Belts are fitted to the service transport
- Toilet Toilet available
- Motor Vessel
Accommodation In Kununurra
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Kununurra.
- All Seasons Kununurra
- Argyle Kimberley Resort
- Bungle Bungle Wilderness Camp
- Country Club Plaza Resort
- Drysdale River Station
- El Questro Wilderness Park
- Faraway Bay The Bush Camp
- Hotel Kununurra
- Ivanhoe Village Caravan Resort
- Kimberley Coastal Camp
- Kona Lakeside Tourist Park
- Kununurra Lakeside Resort
- Town Caravan Park