Bushtrack Safaris cater for the enthusiast who wishes to see the remote outback as it really is – away from the busy routes. Our safaris are in the real wilderness where travel without four wheel drive is impossible. The country we travel is untamed in its original state, and undamaged by man.
Rick and Ann Jane are the owner/operators of Bushtrack Safaris and have been operating since 1986. Prior to their involvement in the tourism industry they were the owner/operators of Derby Toyota for 27 years.
Ann is the daughter of an old Kimberley pioneer, the late Mr Frank Lacy who with his wife Teresa took up the lease of Mount Elizabeth Station in 1945. Rick originally came from New Zealand and has lived in the Kimberley for over 30 years.
Bushtrack Safaris offer scheduled safaris during the cool ‘dry season’ months, which extend from late May through to September, however some tours can be held in April and October depending on the seasonal conditions.
Bushtrack Safaris follow the bush track to Munja (Walcott Inlet), which was first constructed in 1961 by Ann’s brother Frank and Peter Lacy. This track is now maintained annually by Bushtrack Safaris.
The unique wilderness area traversed by Bushtrack Safaris is rich in historic rock-art, spectacular gorges, unusual rock formations/caves, prolific bird-life, fishing, and many refreshing swimming holes.
Bushtrack Safaris has a special tourism lease at Bachsten Creek where we have our very comfortable base camp offering accommodation and full camping facilities. This is a popular location for specialised groups, either on tour or self-drive, with prolific and rare birdlife, beautiful photographic opportunities, swimming, breathtaking scenery and general relaxation with a caretaker on the premises from June to September.
Bushtrack Safaris also have tours into the Mitchell Plateau, incorporating the gorges on the Gibb River Road. Tours are also conducted into Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungles) via Halls Creek and back to Fitzroy Crossing. Mornington Wilderness Camp is also a tour destination for Bushtrack Safaris.
Activites and Experiences at Bushtrack Safaris
- Aussie Host
- National Tourism Accreditation Program
- Off Road Driving
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Fishing – Estuary
- Bush Tucker
- Car park
- Checkin Desk
- Public phone
- Public toilet
- Waiting Area
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Relating to Aboriginal and Torress Strait Islander tourism product
- Active Requiring energetic action by participant
- Adventure Unusual and exciting experience or an endurance race consisting of a variety of adventure activities
- The Arts
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping
- Cultural Relating to specific cultures within Australia
- Eco Tourism
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Food and Wine
- Health and Fitness
- National Park
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Off road
- Remote Remote and usually uninhabited or sparsely inhabitd areas of Australia
- Soft Adventure Experiencing some adventure but in comfort and style
- Sport Bushwalking
- Wilderness Uncultivated and still wild region of forests, scrub, bush and desert
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
- World Heritage
- Adult Getaway
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
- Visitor Information Centre
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Money Order
- Drop off
- Meet & Greet
- Resource Material
- Seat belts
- Four Wheel Drive
Accommodation In Derby
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Derby.