1770 Holidays – Fitzroy Reef Jet
See the greatest colour on the Great Barrier Reef, escape the crowds and discover Fitzroy Reef Coral Lagoon recommended in the top six places to visit on the Great Barrier Reef by Lonely Planet 2004.
Snorkel, dive and swim amongst 2000 acres of crystal waters home to vibrant, colourful coral reef, abundant tropical fish, and diverse marine life. There are over 2,500 species found at Fitzroy Reef Coral Lagoon making it one of the most bio-diverse ecosystems in the world.
The 2004 Lonely Planet Australia says on page 337, “If you really need to get away from it all, try the even less trafficked and unspoilt Fitzroy Reef Lagoon, a coral outcrop visited only by 1770 Holidays…”
Day trip includes; snorkelling, glass bottom boat tours, morning and afternoon tea and a delicious lunch. Scuba diving also available.
Activites and Experiences at 1770 Holidays – Fitzroy Reef Jet
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- World Heritage
- Cruising The waters from the Town of 1770 to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Scuba-Diving Resort?Intro – Diver Training – Wreck Diving – Night Diving
- Fishing – Deep Sea Guided Reef and Game Fishing on the dedicated fishing boat the ‘Navigator’.
- Snorkelling Guided – Glass Bottomed Boat – On 2000 acres of pristine coral reef in Fitzroy Reef Lagoon.
- Marine Animal watching See a myriad of tropical fish life and marine life such as turtles, dolphins and rays.
- Car park Across the road from the 1770 Marina.
- Checkin Desk In the 1770 Holidays booking office.
- Public phone In the 1770 Marina shop.
- Public toilet At the 1770 Marina, before departure and on board the Reef Jet.
- Waiting Area Grassed area and seating out in front of booking office.
- Eco Tourism
- Educational Coral reef ecology, formation and history of reef is included in the Glass Bottom Boat tour. Education packs can be put together for school groups.
- Fishing Guided Reef and Game Fishing on board the ‘Navigator’.
- Marine Marine based tour.
- Nature based
- Reef The Southern Great Barrier Reef – Fitzroy Reef Lagoon and Pancake Creek Reef.
- Water based Snorkelling.
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- Bundaberg Tourism
- Fraser Coast
- Fraser Coast South Burnett
- Gladstone Tourism
- Youth Hostels Association
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Jet Boat
- Motor Vessel
Accommodation In Town Of Seventeen Seventy
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Town Of Seventeen Seventy.