Fraser Island Adventure Tours
Fraser Island Adventure Tours collects guests early morning from their accommodation on the Sunshine Coast departing Noosa at 7.00 a.m. During their journey to ‘the largest Sand Island in the World’ they travel in air-conditioned, high profile, well-equipped four-wheel drive vehicles.
Touch on and appreciate Nature’s magnificent paradox: seemingly endless golden beaches encompass towering hardwood forests; barren heathland, pristine rainforests, huge creeping sand-blow deserts, crystal clear lakes, prehistoric ferns, mosaic coloured sands.
The day includes a ‘coloured sands’ tour – Teewah Coloured Sands, Red Canyon, Shipwreck of Cherry Venture, Double Island Point, Wide Bay, Rainbow Beach; Morning Tea stop.
At Inskip Point, just north of Rainbow Beach, cross by vehicle ferry to Hook Point on Fraser Island. Beach travel to Eurong settlement and then inland to Lake McKenzie. This lake is renowned as the ‘Jewel in the Crown’ – spend about two hours here – swimming and a sumptuous barbecue lunch consisting of a sausage sandwich entree followed by steak, fish or special menu with a smorgasbord of fresh salads and fruits, complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks.
After lunch, drive through Pile Valley to Central Station for a beautiful rainforest walk. Further stops of interest admiring bird, plant and wildlife – dingoes, snakes, goannas, sea eagles.
Afternoon tea is served on the way home. Return to Noosa approximately 5.30 p.m. and later for Mooloolaba and Caloundra.
Activites and Experiences at Fraser Island Adventure Tours
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- Off Road Driving Four wheel drive day tour to Fraser Island.
- Bushwalking Scenic forest walks/hardwood – sub tropical rainforest.
- Flora Flora and fauna featured on tour.
- Animal Viewing Native Wildlife – Dingoes and Goanna.
- Marine Animal watching Occasional whale/dolphin sightings.
- Waiting Area
- Adventure Four wheel drive adventure.
- Beach Beach travel – shipwrecks/coloured sands.
- Eco Tourism Advanced.
- Environmental Eco tour – environmental impacts.
- Flora and Fauna Many and varied – unique.
- Historic/Heritage Dating to aboriginal habitation.
- Island Fraser Island the largest sand island in world.
- National Park Great sandy region.
- Off road Four wheel drive tour buses.
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Tourism Sunshine Coast
- Sunlover Holidays
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Drop off
- Interpreter Service Available for groups by arrangement.
- Seat belts
- Four Wheel Drive Four wheel drive buses – capacity for 17 passengers in each vehicle.
Accommodation In Mooloolaba
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Mooloolaba.
- Aegean Mooloolaba
- Beach Club Resort, The
- Beachside Mooloolaba
- Bellardoo Holiday Apartments
- BreakFree Caribbean Resort
- Excellsior Mooloolaba, The
- Landmark Resort
- Malibu Mooloolaba
- Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers Resort
- Oceans Mooloolaba
- Outrigger Mooloolaba International Beach Resort
- Peninsular Beachfront Resort, The
- Raffles Mooloolaba
- Sailport Mooloolaba Apartments
- Sandcastles Mooloolaba
- Seamark Resort Apartments
- Sirocco Resort Apartments
- Spinnaker Quays
- Windward Apartments
- Zanzibar Resort Apartments
More Tours In Mooloolaba
Experience some of the other tour ideas around Mooloolaba.