Goomburra Forest Retreat, Goomburra
Goomburra Forest Retreat, a ‘Secluded Haven in the Forest’, is a four star property, set on 135 acres, surrounded by natural forest and set in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. A tranquil creek runs through the property, and refreshing swimming holes are only a short stroll from each cottage.
Set well apart from the homestead, each cottage is fully self contained and provides a comfortable base for those who enjoy the outdoors. Goomburra Forest Retreat is located 300 metres from the National Park where for the more active there are numerous walks available as well as spectacular lookouts over the scenic rim.
Each cottage is furnished with a Queen bed and a double sofa bed (open plan). Individual comfort is also enhanced with all linen, anti allergenic pillows and pure wool quilts provided, as well as a spacious modern bathroom with large shower. Each cottage has a glass fronted wood fire for winter warmth (ceiling fans for summer) fully fitted kitchen and private barbecue facility.
Goomburra Forest Retreat is completely environmentally friendly resort.
Activites and Experiences at Goomburra Forest Retreat
- Birdwatching Binoculars available and also night vision.
- Bushwalking 136 acres of nature.
- Animal Viewing Native fauna.
- Adult Retreat
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park Under cover parking at each cottage.
- Courtesy transfer By arrangement via Warwick
- Iron On request.
- Movie Hire Movies are complimentary.
- Non Smoking Establishment Ashtrays are provided outside cottages.
- Public Telephone Emergency telephone use at the main residence.
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly
- Environmental The retreat is environmentally friendly.
- Flora and Fauna
- Honeymoon Cottages are secluded and private.
- Indulgence/Luxury Luxury appointed cottages.
- National Park Goomburra Forest Park 300 metres away.
- Nature based
- Rainforest The northern end of the property is a rainforest.
- Remote Private.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Southern Downs Tourism
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Foreign Travellers Cheques
- Not Available
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Cooking Facilities – FULL
- DVD Player
- Games Chess, drafts, Chinese checkers, Tic-Tac-Toe.
- Heating Wood heater, glass fronted.
- Insect screens
- Iron/Ironing board
- Microwave oven
- Non Smoking Room
- Stairs Three stairs and a ramp.
- Stereo/CD player
- Tea/Coffee making facilities