Adels Grove Camping Ground, Lawn Hill
Adels Grove Camping Ground is an eco-sensitive tourist park on Lawn Hill Creek, located ten kilometres downstream from Lawn Hill National Park. Adels Grove is set among a plantation of exotic trees grown by a French Pioneer over eighty years ago. The resort is an oasis retreat for the dusty, tired traveller: a perfect place to refresh, relax and recover.
Visitors can choose from shady campsites, tent-style accommodation and air-conditioned huts as their base for exploring this awesome part of the world. You can catch Barramundi just metres from your tent site or lie back and watch the cool aqua water meander through the park.
Camping sites are unpowered and are provided with water, fireplace and barbecue plate. The modern amenities block offers flush toilets, hot showers and a small laundry. A number of pre-erected tents are available with beds and linen supplied. Meals are also catered for as well as a licensed bar.
Staff at Adels Grove operate a number of tours of the surrounding National Park as well as the World Heritage Listed Riversleigh Fossil Fields.
Diesel and unleaded petrol are available by bowser and refills of LP gas are also available. A convenience shop is located on site offering a range of grocery lines and souvenirs, and a workshop can provide emergency tyre and welding repairs.
In addition to the excellent short walks in the vicinity of Adels Grove, which include the many exotic tree species planted in the 1930s by a French Botanist, is a further 20 kilometres of walking tracks within the National Park.
Bird watching in this area is fascinating with several different environments in close proximity of each other. The numerous savannah woodlands, open savannah plains, lush riverine remnant rainforest and rocky Spinifex escarpments all support a wide variety of bird species.
Activites and Experiences at Adels Grove Camping Ground
- Savannah Guide
- Off Road Driving
- Canoeing Canoes are available for hire. This is a delightful alternative way of viewing the gorge or creek. Canoes are hired on the basis of first come, first served.
- Fishing – Estuary
- Scenic Flight By Helicopter.
- Swimming Adels Grove is located alongside Lawn Hill Creek downstream from Lawn Hill Gorge. This creek is a perennial, clear and springfed waterway.
- Animal Viewing
- Bar Bar is open for lunch from midday to 1400, and for dinner from 1600 to 2200. Bar facilities are only available for those staying at Adels Grove or dining guests.
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park
- Cafe/Coffee shop
- Communal Lounge
- Fuel Diesel and unleaded petrol are available by browser.
- Gardens in property
- High Chair
- Medical Facilities
- Open fireplace
- Outdoor furniture
- Swimming Pool Outdoor Swimming area Spring Fed River.
- Public Telephone
- Restaurant Licensed
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping
- Fishing Freshwater fishing in spring-fed creek.
- Flora and Fauna
- National Park
- Nature based
- Off road
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Caravan Industry Australia Limited
- Outback Queensland Tourism
- American Express
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Diners Club
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Not Available
- ISD phone
- Non Smoking Room
- Shared bathroom
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
More Accommodation In Lawn Hill
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Lawn Hill.