Couran Point Island Beach Resort, South Stradbroke Island
Couran Point Island Beach Resort is situated on sub-tropical South Stradbroke, just a short boat ride away from the sunny Gold Coast.
As soon as you step aboard the Couran Point Catamaran, it’s time to shake off the hustle and bustle of the mainland and relax knowing that you’re only a short trip away from the sun-drenched sands, sub-tropical forests and tranquillity of Couran Point.
Set on 27 hectares amongst a series of majestic native palms, the resort is specifically dedicated to providing a magnificent treat for those seeking to get away from it all.
With palm fringed walkways and sea breezes, Couran Point Island Beach Resort is just four years old and offers modern rooms, relaxed dining and enough activities to keep even the most active guest amused. That said, there are numerous ‘quiet spots’ including metres of secluded beach and tranquil bushland to give guests a chance to really relax and wind down.
Included in accommodation rates is the use of all non-motorised water sports activities. This includes a choice of swimming, bike riding, canoeing, beach and water volleyball, fishing, tennis and more. After a day of trying your hand at the numerous activities, you’ll be ready to relax and enjoy sunset cocktails by the marina or by the huge lagoon pool.
Couran Point is both far enough away to shake off the worries of city life, but close enough to enjoy a day at any of the Gold Coast’s major theme parks. If you feel like shopping, reception can arrange your water transport.
For families and couples alike, Couran Point Island Beach Resort is a holiday dream come true.
The choice is yours…the pleasure is ours!
Activites and Experiences at Couran Point Island Beach Resort
- Bushwalking Guests can make their way through our bush tracks and wind their way to the surf beach.
- Canoeing Canoes are available for both children and adults.
- Cycling We have a range of bikes to suit all ages. Guests can discover the island on bike.
- Fishing – Beach Guests are welcome to bring their own rods, however Couran Point does hire rods and provides bait free of charge for those guests wishing to fish on the open surf beach.
- Sightseeing Being set on 27 hectares, guests are more than welcome to roam the island and discover its many magnificent sights.
- Sports Participate Couran Point has a vast array of sports activities for guests to participate in, including tennis, volleyball, cricket and canoeing.
- Swimming Our huge lagoon pool provides the perfect opportunity for swimming.
- Tennis A full sized tennis court is on the island for guests.
- Animal Viewing While staying on the island guests have the chance to view the local native animals, such as wallabies.
- Water-based With our huge lagoon pool, many water activities are available, including water volleyball, and a waterslide.
- Bar A choice of Sunsetters licensed restaurant and bar, Tropical poolside beer garden and the swim-up pool bar.
- Bicycle Hire A range of bikes for adults and children are available for guests.
- Boat Ramp Guests can moor boat if staying overnight at an extra charge.
- Cycle/Running Path A running/walking/cycling path is present, allowing guests to explore the island and to make their way to the beach.
- Games/Recreation Room A games room including billiards and table tennis is on the island.
- Movie Hire Movies are available for hire through the resort reception.
- Outdoor furniture
- Playground A children’s playground is on the island.
- Swimming Pool Outdoor Huge lagoon pool is on the island.
- Shop Couran Point has its own shop that stocks all basic food items.
- Spa A heated spa is available to all guests.
- Tennis Court – Full Size A full size tennis court is available for guests.
- Water Sports Gear Canoes, fishing rods and water volleyball equipment is available for guests.
- Beach The resort is situated on the tranquil shores of the Broadwater with the surf beach just a short stroll or shuttle bus trip away.
- Fishing Guests can participate in organised fishing activities.
- Flora and Fauna An abundance of natural flora and native fauna surround the island.
- Island Couran Point is a tropical Island hideaway, only a short boat ride from the Gold Coast.
- Relaxation Couran Point provides a relaxing break away from it all.
- Sport Many sports activities including tennis, football, cricket and volleyball are available for guests.
- Water based A variety of water based activities are available for guests.
- Wildlife Guests are fortunate enough to view animals such as wallabies in their natural habitat.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- 18-35’s Couran Point also appeals to young adults.
- Empty Nesters
- Family For families, Couran point is a holiday dream come true.
- Meetings Incentive Conventions Couran Point has the conference and event facilities to host any special occasion.
- Gold Coast Tourism
- American Express
- Cheques Bank
- Diners Club
- Not Available
- Ceiling Fan
- Cooking Facilities – Limited
- Insect screens
- Linen Linen is provided in all rooms.
- Private Facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Video Cassette Recorder