Brecon House, Murchison
Brecon House is located just fifteen minutes drive north of Nagambie and twenty five minutes south of Shepparton, on the bank of Victoria’s Goulburn River in the centre of Murchison. Murchison is also known as the River Bank Garden Town, due to its extensive, beautiful, park. Luxury air-conditioned Bed and Breakfast accommodation is provided for you in this restored, modernised, early colonial era house. There are two bedrooms: River Bank Suite, upstairs, has a King size double bed or, if you prefer, may be arranged with two King size single beds as twin share. Emily Jane Suite has a Queen size double bed. This suite also has an external door to a private courtyard. Both suites have a private ensuite bathroom with shower, vanity and toilet. They are each equipped with reverse cycle air-conditioning for your comfort in both winter and su individual electric blanket and reading light controls; and television with remote control. Your suite can be securely locked and you also have your own front door keys. Your facilities include a comfortable private sitting room with log fire and television and a breakfast room. Dream about a great breakfast! Our guests have said “…enjoyable, homely, with excellent hospitality”; “Extremely friendly hosts….”; “Just lovely”; “…warm, cosy,quiet,relaxing”; “Every detail was perfect”; “…very impressed with the way we were treated” and “…the facilities were exceptional”. Owner and artist, Gale, has an art gallery at Brecon House, which displays her collection of paintings and her own watercolour paintings. Come and see the Moooving Art Cow Herd. Visit Longleat, the local winery for fabulous wine, cheese and coffee. Murchison was State Winner in the 2002 ‘Tidy Towns Awards’ for ‘Outstanding Beautification’ of its streetscape and river bank park. The Goulburn Valley is the lush heart of Victoria’s food and wine industry.
Activites and Experiences at Brecon House
- 24 hour Reception Hosted B&B – Hosts live on-site. Your facilities are quite private.
- Adult Retreat Great for a quiet weekend away.
- Boat Ramp At nearby Waranga Basin.
- Car park Plus lock-up shed for motorcycles.
- Cafe/Coffee shop 2km at the local winery and at local shops.
- Communal Refrigerator With tea/coffee making facility.
- Golf Course 3km away.
- Iron Iron and board in each room.
- Movie Hire At local shop.
- Non Smoking Establishment Smoking facilities available outside.
- Public Telephone Two minute walk.
- Restaurant – Licensed Good pub two minutes walk.
- Shop Three minutes walk.
- TV/Lounge Area Comfortable guest sitting-room.
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly For a cosy winter evening.
- The Arts
- Food and Wine
- 4 Stars