Kona Lakeside Tourist Park, Kununurra
Kona Lakeside Tourist Park is a quiet, idyllic spot, close to nature, family owned and operated, set on 10 acres of land along the banks of Lake Kununurra, two kilometres west of Kununurra.
An abundance of large established trees make Kona a very cool, peaceful place to camp or caravan with many sites along the waterfront.
Campers kitchen, tropical swimming pool, barbecues and disabled facilities are also available.
Kona offers the most diverse range of on site accommodation within a park in Kununurra. These range from fully self-contained, airconditioned bungalows and park homes, through to airconditioned park cabins, overlooking the tranquil waters of the lake. On site, airconditioned caravans are also set on the lake’s edge for the budget conscious traveller.
This makes Kona the perfect place to relax after a long journey.
The Lodge family believe that personal friendly service and reliable information is very important to traveller’s, and strive to provide this at all times.
Kona’s grounds are well maintained and amenities kept fresh and clean. It is the ideal spot for fishing, boating, canoeing and swimming, all at your doorstep. Small dinghies may be launched from the park and moored near your site. Kona offers park patrons canoe and bike hire also. While here the friendly staff can arrange and book any of the many tours which operate around Kununurra and throughout the entire East Kimberley, some of which actually depart from Kona. Most tour operators offer a complimentary pick up and drop off service to their customers.
Kona is renowned for its prolific bird and wildlife and this makes it a nature lover’s paradise. Bird lists are available upon request. It is not uncommon, while sitting at your campsite or cabin, for a water monitor to stroll across your site, or different finches to flit around in search of seed. On many an evening the distinctive call of the Barking Owls may be heard within the park.
Kona, in its ‘natural’ setting is the perfect place for a relaxing, stress free holiday and a great base for exploring the Kimberley Region.
Activites and Experiences at Kona Lakeside Tourist Park
- National Tourism Accreditation Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Fishing – Estuary
- Scenic Flight
- 24 hour Reception 24 Hour Reception
- BBQ Facilities Barbecue area for entertaining
- Bicycle Hire Bicycles for hire
- Boat Ramp Boat ramp on the property
- Camp Kitchen Kitchen usually outdoors with major appliances
- Car park Car parking available on premises may be outdoor or undercover or security parking
- Vehicle wash facilities Designated area located on premises to wash vehicles
- Courtesy transfer Courtesy transers provided
- Communal Kitchen Available on premises for guest use and has all major appliances
- Communal Refrigerator Access to shared refrigerator space
- Cots Available Sleeping cots for young children available
- Gas LPG Available
- Ice Ice facilities available
- Iron Iron/ironing board in room
- Kiosk Kiosk facilities available on premises
- Swimming Pool Outdoor Swimming Pool located outdoors
- Public Telephone Public Telephone available on premises
- Shop Shop on premises
- Tour Desk Tour Desk available on premises for guests to make tour bookings
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Sport Bushwalking
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- 4 Stars
- Balcony Room has a balcony or verandah
- Ceiling Fan Room has a ceiling fan
- Refrigerator Cabinet in which food is kept cold
- Insect screens Insect screens on windows/doors
- Microwave oven Oven using microwaves to cook or heat food quickly
- Non Smoking Room Designated non smoking rooms within the establishment
- Tea/Coffee making facilities Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Television System for reproducing on a screen colour visual images
More Accommodation In Kununurra
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Kununurra.
- All Seasons Kununurra
- Argyle Kimberley Resort
- Bungle Bungle Wilderness Camp
- Country Club Plaza Resort
- Drysdale River Station
- El Questro Wilderness Park
- Faraway Bay The Bush Camp
- Hotel Kununurra
- Ivanhoe Village Caravan Resort
- Kimberley Coastal Camp
- Kona Lakeside Tourist Park
- Kununurra Lakeside Resort
- Town Caravan Park