Pinda Lodge, Margaret River
This boutique bed and breakfast country lodge has been specially designed and built for the discerning traveller.
If position is paramount, as the real estate people insist, then Pinda Lodge, nestled between Margaret River and the ocean, has much to recommend it.
A 10 minute drive from the town and less then that from wineries and the beach, the 1.6 hectre property includes a peppermint shaded creek that feeds into the Margaret River below.
From the verandah you can hear the Margaret River rapids and, on a still day, the sound of ocean waves beyond.
The peppermints and other native trees isolate the lodge from surrounding properties. The kangaroos that graze on the lawns and in the land that sweeps down to the creek line reinforce the rural feel.
Yet it’s what lies within that sets Pinda Lodge apart: the four elegant but understated luxury suites, the log fire, the congeniality of the hosts, Pierre and Linda Every, and perhaps most notably – the cuisine.
Each suite is decorated to celebrate an element of the Margaret River experience – forest, vineyard, wildflower and ocean. Each has a private veranda and two person spa, with special touches like bathrobes, electric blankets and a compact disc sound system.
Pinda Lodge offers in house dining by request. Many establishments in the region are happy to point visitors towards the nearest restaurant but you can enjoy at least one evening meal at the lodge. And so you should.
The charge is $65.00 for an exquisite three course meal made in Linda’s gourmet kitchen using fresh herbs and vegetables grown in a terraced garden a few paces from the kitchen door. It’s an experience not to be missed.
Breakfast, which is included in the tariff, is another culinary delight, with freshly squeezed fruit juices, a delicious homemade muesli and omelettes flavoured with fresh chives, tarragon, lemon thyme and parsley.
The Everys built Pinda Lodge in 1999 borrowing ideas gleaned from extensive travels in Australia and abroad, putting due emphasis on quality, luxury and style. It is their avowed aim to make guests’ holidays a better experience because they chose to stay at Pinda Lodge. And, gauging by the endorsements in their visitors’ books, they have succeeded.
Winter and early spring are good times to visit Margaret River and Pinda Lodge. Perth holiday makers traditionally migrate north to escape the winter chill but the South-West has its own appeal: log fires, verdant paddocks, bracing ocean air and the invigorating smell of the forest floor after rain.
If you want to unwind for a few days, enjoy being pampered, and plan nothing more strenuous then a leisurely stroll or a short drive to a winery, forest or beach, Pinda Lodge is a good place to try.
Acknowledgements: John Kennedy, The West Australian
Activites and Experiences at Pinda Lodge
- National Tourism Accreditation Program
- Game Playing
- Animal Viewing
- 24 hour Reception 24 Hour Reception
- Adult Retreat Suitable for adult getaways
- Car park Car parking available on premises may be outdoor or undercover or security parking
- Communal Refrigerator Access to shared refrigerator space
- Conference/Convention Facilities Facilities available to hold conventions, seminars and conferences
- Cycle/Running Path Cycle/Running Paths
- Ice Ice facilities available
- Iron Iron/ironing board in room
- Library Library containing wide range of reading material available for guests use
- Non Smoking Floor Designated non smoking floors within the establishment
- Open fireplace Open fireplace within room
- Pay/Satellite TV Access to pay TV/movie/sport/news channels.
- Room Service Room Service
- Room Service – Beverage Only Room Service for beverages only
- Spa Communal spa available for guest use
- TV/Lounge Area Communal area providing chairs and televison for guest use
- Relaxation Leisure
- Visitor Information Centre
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- 4 1/2 Stars
- Balcony Room has a balcony or verandah
- Bath Bath available in bathroom
- Bath Robe Bath Robes in room
- Electric Blanket Bed has an electric blanket
- Ensuite Private bathroom available
- Hairdryer Hairdryer in room
- Heating Heating in room
- Insect screens Insect screens on windows/doors
- Linen Sheets/pillowcases and towels provided in room
- Non Smoking Room Designated non smoking rooms within the establishment
- Spa in Bath Bath with spa jets, where water is drained after use
- Stereo/CD player Apparatus for sound reproduction of compact discs, cassettes and radio
- Tea/Coffee making facilities Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
More Accommodation In Margaret River
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Margaret River.
- Adamsons Riverside Accommodation
- All Seasons Margaret River
- Basildene Manor
- Bettenay’s Redgum Ridge Chalets and Loft
- Bushy Lake Chalets
- Bussells Bushland Cottages
- Comfort Inn Grange on Farrelly
- Ellensbrook Cottages
- Forest Rise Eco Retreat
- Forte Leeuwin Apartments
- Frais Margaret River
- Gilgara Retreat
- Harmony Forest Accommodation and Vineyard
- Heritage Trail Lodge
- Hilltop Studios
- Honeymoon Hill
- Island Brook Estate
- Margaret House
- Margaret River Chalets
- Margaret River Farmstay Chalets
- Margaret River Holiday Cottages
- Margaret River Holiday Suites
- Margaret River Resort
- Margaret River Waterfall Cottages
- Margarets Beach Resort
- Margarets Forest
- Merribrook Retreat Margaret River
- Ocean Vines Retreat
- Peppermint Brook Cottages
- Peppi Lane Apartment
- Pinda Lodge
- Prevelly Villas
- Quest Margaret River
- Redgate Farmstay
- Riverglen Chalets
- Riverview Tourist Park
- Rosewood Guest House
- Silversprings and Banksia Cottage
- Surfpoint Resort
- Taunton Farm Holiday Park
- Traill Penthouses, The
- Willy Bay Resort