Faraway Bay The Bush Camp, Kununurra
On the north west corner of the vast Australian coastline, there is a place so remote you won’t find it on any map. It’s so far away from anywhere, we called it Faraway Bay. It feels like the edge of forever, and time appears to stand still. When it does move, it’s measured in tides and sunsets.
Getting there truly is part of this adventure, with access strictly limited to air. Guests fly by light aircraft from Kununurra, over some of the most breathtaking scenery on earth.
Faraway Bay, The Bush Camp is an outstanding wilderness retreat. Spectacularly isolated, all six secluded bush-style cabins enjoy 180° ocean views. Visitors wake up each morning to birdsong, and drift off each evening to the gentle sounds of the ocean. And while the wildlife is prolific, the neighbours are not. With a maximum of just twelve guests at any time, privacy is ensured.
Eagle Lodge, the main meeting place, is surely Australia’s most unusual dining room – except it’s a room with no walls. Perched on a headland overlooking remote and tranquil Faraway Bay, this bush-built pole and corrugated iron roof structure is ideally suited to the climate and spectacular setting – and combines guest lounging, croc spotting, cooking and dining, all in one dramatic location. In this exotic kitchen the Kimberley Cooking School , held annually, provides a unique opportunity to learn tricks, tips and inside secrets from one of Australia’s top chefs.
It’s the ultimate walk on the wild side. You’ve never been this far away ….
Packages from $1,950.00 per person for two days/nights include scenic air transfer from Kununurra, accommodation, a day trip to the King George Falls, all other activities, meals, wine, beer and snacks. Packages can also be arranged from Darwin or Broome however generally these are not cost effective from groups less than four.
Activites and Experiences at Faraway Bay The Bush Camp
- National Tourism Accreditation Program
- Fishing – Beach
- Fishing – Estuary
- Fishing – Deep Sea
- Scenic Flight
- Bush Tucker
- Marine Animal watching
- Adult Retreat Suitable for adult getaways
- Conference/Convention Facilities Facilities available to hold conventions, seminars and conferences
- Laundry Laundry facilities including wash tubs, clothes dryers, washing machines and irons, available for guests use
- Non Smoking Establishment No smoking within establishment
- Open fireplace Open fireplace within room
- Swimming Pool Outdoor Swimming Pool located outdoors
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Food and Wine Tasting and/or purchasing renowned food or wine product
- Honeymoon Holiday marketed towards honeymoon couples
- Indulgence/Luxury Anything conducive to sumptuous living
- Nature based
- Relaxation Leisure
- Remote Remote and usually uninhabited or sparsely inhabitd areas of Australia
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Not Available
- Balcony Room has a balcony or verandah
- Linen Sheets/pillowcases and towels provided in room
- Shared bathroom Bathroom facilities provided on a communal basis
More Accommodation In Kununurra
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Kununurra.
- All Seasons Kununurra
- Argyle Kimberley Resort
- Bungle Bungle Wilderness Camp
- Country Club Plaza Resort
- Drysdale River Station
- El Questro Wilderness Park
- Faraway Bay The Bush Camp
- Hotel Kununurra
- Ivanhoe Village Caravan Resort
- Kimberley Coastal Camp
- Kona Lakeside Tourist Park
- Kununurra Lakeside Resort
- Town Caravan Park