Riverside Retreat, Walpole
Imagine sitting in your own superb fully self contained two or three bedroom chalet looking down to tranquil waters of the Frankland River with the background chatter of the wonderful birdlife or the sound of the distant Southern Ocean surf. Everything is provided for you (including linen) apart from the consumerables in the way of food and drink.
Surrounded by the Walpole Wilderness area and only ten minutes drive from the magnificent Tree Top Walk located in the Valley of the Giants, Redman’s Riverside Retreat offers all this and more in the privacy of their 60 acre property.
The fully appointed chalets offer you the opportunity to just relax and unwind or visit the many local attractions including the Tree Top Walk, the magnificent rugged coastline, pristine beaches, forest drives and walks – including the Bibbulmun Track
Throw a steak on your own private barbecue or alternatively, indulge yourself, with less than a five minute drive to a very popular licensed a la carte restaurant. Ten minutes in the other direction, nearby Walpole offers all the facilities of grocery shopping or eating out.
Our chalets are set apart for your own privacy and all overlook the river
For the fisherman, you can launch your own boat or fish for the tasty bream from your own private jetty. The more energetic person can paddle one of our canoes up into the forest or indulge in a game of tennis.
The keen photographer will have many choices. There are the numerous birds and kangaroos that inhabit the area, the kangaroos being fed by us at dusk. Springtime brings a profusion of wildflowers which compliments the many native plants we have growing around the chalets.
In the evening you can sit and watch the sun go down over the river and later view the array of stars, or curl up in the Winter in front of your own cosy log fire.
You will quickly realise that this is truly our own bit of paradise – in fact, the hardest thing you will have to do while you are here is to leave.
Activites and Experiences at Riverside Retreat
- National Tourism Accreditation Program
- Fishing – Beach
- 24 hour Reception 24 Hour Reception
- BBQ Facilities Barbecue area for entertaining
- Cots Available Sleeping cots for young children available
- High Chair Childs High Chair available in dining room
- Iron Iron/ironing board in room
- Laundry Laundry facilities including wash tubs, clothes dryers, washing machines and irons, available for guests use
- Library Library containing wide range of reading material available for guests use
- Tennis Court – Full Size Available on premises for guest use
- TV/Lounge Area Communal area providing chairs and televison for guest use
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly Establishment has a wood heater or pot belly stove
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- 4 Stars
- Balcony Room has a balcony or verandah
- Blankets Blankets provided in room
- Ceiling Fan Room has a ceiling fan
- Clock Radio Room has a clock radio
- Electric Blanket Bed has an electric blanket
- Refrigerator Cabinet in which food is kept cold
- Hairdryer Hairdryer in room
- Heating Heating in room
- Insect screens Insect screens on windows/doors
- Linen Sheets/pillowcases and towels provided in room
- Microwave oven Oven using microwaves to cook or heat food quickly
- Non Smoking Room Designated non smoking rooms within the establishment
- Open fireplace Open fireplace within room
- Stereo/CD player Apparatus for sound reproduction of compact discs, cassettes and radio
- Tea/Coffee making facilities Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Television System for reproducing on a screen colour visual images
- Video Cassette Recorder Apparatus for recording and playing video tapes
More Accommodation In Walpole
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Walpole.
Tours In Walpole
Experience some of the tours options around Walpole.