Mt Quincan Crater Retreat, Yungaburra
Mt Quincan Crater Retreat is ideally situated in the heart of the Cairns hinterland, The Atherton Tablelands. The Retreat is centrally located to the lakes, waterfalls and the many other natural attractions this beautiful area offers. Just 60 minutes to Cairns, gateway to The Great Barrier Reef.
Five minutes from the heritage village of Yungaburra, the Retreat offers luxurious, architecturally designed pole tree houses for couples, nestled amongst some of Far North Queensland’s most breathtaking scenery.
Each of the six tree houses is completely separate, secluded and private – each strategically tucked away on the rainforest slopes of Mt Quincan’s extinct volcanic crater so as to maximise panoramic views of the Tableland or unique views into the crater itself.
The timber cabins are completely self contained and feature a king size bed, double spa (with unbelievable views), wood fire, dishwasher and laundry. Absolutely everything is provided, it is all the little extras and attention to detail that makes this getaway a memorable experience. The two ‘Canopy Cabins’ have (in addition to the standard double shower) an outside shower and deck in the privacy of the treetops.
Cabin accommodation includes provisions for a full tableland country breakfast each morning.
The 57 hectare property is registered with ‘Land for Wildlife’ and has been selected for a case study project with the local Tree Kangaroo and Mammal Group. Mt Quincan is home to the rare tree climbing kangaroo and a large variety of other animals, a birdwatcher’s paradise.
A walk to the top of Mt Quincan is rewarded with 360 degree views of the Tablelands. A walk down and around the unique Mt Quincan crater wetlands is also a must.
Mt Quincan Crater Retreat is your escape to seclusion and tranquillity. Catering only for couples, it offers the ideal romantic getaway.
Activites and Experiences at Mt Quincan Crater Retreat
- Birdwatching Many rainforest and other birds.
- Bushwalking To top of Mt Quincan and around crater.
- Sightseeing Magnificent views of the Atherton Tablelands.
- Animal Viewing Tree climbing kangaroo, platypus, other rainforest animals.
- 24 hour Reception Owner/operators live on site.
- Adult Retreat
- BBQ Facilities
- Office Services/Business Services Facsimile machine, photocopier, computer, printer and internet available.
- Courtesy transfer Daily between Retreat and restaurants in town.
- Masseur/Masseuse Masseur available by arrangement.
- Movie Hire Video library available free of charge.
- Rural/Country Situated on 150 acre droughtmaster cattle breeding property.
- Eco Tourism
- Environmental Case study preparation for conservation of tree climbing kangaroo.
- Farm/Station Droughtmaster cattle breeder.
- Flora and Fauna
- Indulgence/Luxury Five star luxury accommodation in the rainforest.
- Mountain Accommodation on slopes of an extinct volcano.
- Nature based Natural environment central to our business activities.
- Rainforest Tropical rainforest.
- Relaxation Relaxation in seclusion and tranquillity.
- Remote Situated on 150 acre farm.
- Romance Ideal romantic getaway.
- Wilderness Untouched forest on slopes of volcano.
- Wildflower Limited seasonal wildflowers.
- Wildlife Tree climbing kangaroo, platypus and many other animals and bird life.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Tourism Tropical North Qld
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- 4 1/2 Stars
- Balcony Balcony with unique views.
- Bath Double spa bath.
- Additional Bathroom Outside rainforest shower in two tree houses. Spa bath and double shower in all tree houses.
- Bath Robe
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Clothes Dryer
- Cooking Facilities – FULL
- DVD Player
- Ensuite Double shower, vanity and toilet.
- Refrigerator Large refrigerator and freezer in each cabin.
- Heating Wood heater.
- Hot Tub Double spa.
- Insect screens Completely screened.
- Iron/Ironing board
- Microwave oven Convection microwave oven in each cabin.
- Non Smoking Room No smoking inside cabins, on the verandah only.
- Private Facilities
- Spa Double spa.
- Spa in Bath Double spa.
- Stereo/CD player Sound all round in each tree house.
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Video Cassette Recorder
- Washing Machine
- Washer and dryer
More Accommodation In Yungaburra
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Yungaburra.