Vacy Hall Historic Guesthouse, Toowoomba
Experience the grandeur of one of Australia’s most stately homes when you stay in this National Trust listed colonial mansion, located only one hour and 15 minutes west of Brisbane.
Built in the 1870s as a wedding present for the daughter of Hon. James Taylor, a wealthy squatter and Minister for Lands, Vacy Hall is now a heritage listed historic guesthouse providing travellers with an experience reminiscent of the glory days of the ‘squattocracy’ of Queensland.
With new hosts undertaking a rejuvenation which often evokes remarks like Wow! when guests first arrive, Vacy Hall is a unique accommodation experience that appeals to people of all ages.
Indulge in the shade of the deep cool verandahs in the summertime or in winter enjoy the romance of an open fireplace in your own room.
Twelve guest bedrooms boast architectural features of the last century with modern facilities for travellers and business guests. Offering suites, ensuite and standard rooms, all individually decorated with Australian antiques, eight open fireplaces and extensive gardens, Vacy Hall provides accommodation for the discerning traveller.
Vacy Hall is set in the historic More Estate of the early Toowoomba which offers self-guided walking tours , fascinating old streets and buildings and a popular antique district. Vacy Hall is only 300 metres from the heart of the garden city of Toowoomba and is close to shops, theatres and restaurants.
Vacy Hall is also ideal for small business meetings or reunions for families and friends as well as for weddings and honeymoon accommodation. Groups often book the entire building and Vacy Hall becomes their own ‘country house’ for a couple of days.
Ask about the two night/three day packages (which are popular gifts) when you phone or email to book a stay at Vacy Hall that you will always remember with pleasure.
Activites and Experiences at Vacy Hall Historic Guesthouse
- Register of National Estate
- National Trust
- Adult Retreat
- Babysitting Prior notice to be given.
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park Secure parking provided.
- Cots Available
- Dry Cleaning
- Equipment Hire
- Gardens in property
- High Chair
- Laundry The house maids are more than happy to care for your laundry.
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Open fireplace Eight open fireplaces.
- Outdoor furniture
- Room Service
- TV/Lounge Area
- Historic/Heritage Heritage listed property.
- Homestay Original homestead.
- Honeymoon Photo opportunities for guests.
- Indulgence/Luxury Luxury suites with Australian antiques.
- Mountain Two thousand feet above sea level, clean, crisp mountain air.
- Paranormal Historical family home with traditional family ghosts (unproven).
- Relaxation Fireplaces, cool verandahs.
- Romance Fireplaces, honeymoon packages and four poster beds.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Australian Bed and Breakfast Council
- Toowoomba & Golden West
- American Express
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Diners Club
- Japan Travel Bureau
- Money Order
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Foreign Travellers Cheques
- Not Available
- Balcony Access to wide verandahs.
- Bath Robe
- Electric Blanket
- Facsimile/Modem point
- Internet Access
- Iron/Ironing board
- Mini Bar
- Private Facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
More Accommodation In Toowoomba
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Toowoomba.
- A-Raceview Motor Inn
- Alderwood Bed & Breakfast
- Allan Cunningham Motel
- Ambassador on Ruthven Motor Inn
- Anglers, The
- Apollo Lodge
- Applegum Inn
- Bridge Street Bed and Breakfast
- Bridge Street Motor Inn
- City Motor Inn
- Clifford Park Holiday Motor Inn
- Comfort Inn The Park
- Cotswold Motor Inn
- Country Gardens Motor Inn
- Damia Cottage
- Eastgate On The Range
- Ellengrove Apartments
- Garden City Caravan Park
- Garden City Motor Inn
- Great Divide Motor Inn
- Jacaranda Grove Bed & Breakfast
- James Cottage Bed and Breakfast
- Jeffery’s Rainforest Motel
- Jolly Swagman Caravan Park
- Lauriston House Bed and Breakfast
- Quality Hotel Burke & Wills
- Riviera on Ruthven Motel
- Ruthven Street Motor Inn
- St Andrew’s Place
- Toowoomba Motel and Events Centre
- Tuscany on Tor Motor Inn
- Vacy Hall Historic Guesthouse
- Villa Nova Motel
- Westaway Homestay
- Worsley on Margaret