Mungumby Lodge, Cooktown
Mungumby Lodge is a private wilderness retreat situated on the northern edge of the majestic million hectare Australia’s Tropical Rainforest National Park. The Australian Landscape offers a wide range of experiences, only a few as unique or majestic as Australia’s Tropical Rainforest region.
A group of National Parks and primitive rainforest listed by he World Heritage Commission as one of the earths most unique and valued assets. A magnificent collection of botanically diverse landscapes and ecosystems is including tropical rainforest, animals, birds, and mangroves, which possibly excels those anywhere else on the continent.
The service at Mungumby Lodge will put you at ease, always attentive and never obtrusive. 10 wooden bungalows with private ensuites, a large spacious main building with wide-open living areas right on the edge of the spectacular Mungumby Creek. For meals, reading or just plain relaxing by the pool guests use the spacious main house, which is surrounded by large tropical gardens and pool.
Within walking distance are opportunities to swim in jungle waterfalls, observe wildlife, relive history or simply enjoy the bird song, There is also the added comfort of knowing that you have chosen the perfect base to explore Tropical North Queenslands’ most pristine landscapes. From the Great Barrier Reef to Lakefield, Black Mountain, Daintree and Cedar Bay National Parks this region provides a world of unique soft adventures.
Activites and Experiences at Mungumby Lodge
- Mountain Biking
- Birdwatching Just under 200 bird species live and migrate to this region.
- Bushwalking There are walks on the property and neighbouring Wet Tropics areas with numerous walks.
- Fishing – Beach
- Fishing – Estuary
- Flora World Heritage Rainforest.
- Spotlighting Night animal spotting is available on property.
- Swimming Swimming pool, swimming holes (natural), waterfalls.
- Animal Viewing Rare species of Bennett’s tree Kangaroos, wide range of bird species, rainforest wildlife, precipitation zone flora and fauna on and around the property.
- Walking Numerous short and long walking trails.
- Adult Retreat
- Bar In main homestead.
- Office Services/Business Services E-mail collection available along with fax services.
- Car park Free of charge.
- Vehicle wash facilities
- Courtesy transfer From Lions Den Hotel, from other places charges apply.
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Cots Available For a charge.
- Gardens in property
- High Chair
- Medical Facilities On site first aid kits are used in our four wheel drive, walking pack and in main homestead.
- Non Smoking Floor All bungalows are non smoking, smoking allowed in main homestead.
- Outdoor furniture
- Swimming Pool Outdoor
- Public Telephone
- Restaurant Licensed
- Tour Desk
- TV/Lounge Area Main homestead has a large lounge area, no television reception available.
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Eco Tourism
- Flora and Fauna
- National Park
- Nature based
- Soft Adventure
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Tourism Tropical North Qld
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- 3 1/2 Stars
- Ceiling Fan
- Insect screens
- Non Smoking Room
- Private Facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Washer and dryer
More Accommodation In Cooktown
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Cooktown.
Tours In Cooktown
Experience some of the tours options around Cooktown.