Broken River Mountain Resort, Mirani
Spend the night with a platypus.
Broken River Mountain Resort is an Eco-tourism establishment based at Eungella National Park in the hinterland of the Whitsundays and about 85 kilometres west from Mackay and is accessible on a sealed road. They aim to provide clean, comfortable accommodation and excellent meals for you whether you are seeking an unforgettable nature based experience or just to relax and rejuvenate in the mountains. The Resort also offers an up to date conference facility for groups of up to 50.
The property is located on a riverbank overlooking a significant platypus habitat and is surrounded by pristine sub tropical rainforest. Accommodation is provided in self contained lodges featuring timber construction and equipped with all the creature comforts most of us have come to expect. The theme continues to the main lodge and restaurant where the emphasis is on uncomplicated dining in a tranquil atmosphere.
A full program of nature based activities is also on offer, most of which are included in the realistic tariff. Interpretative tours are National Eco-Tourism Accreditation Program accredited and led by experienced guides. Most are conducted on protected areas within Eungella National Park and Crediton State Forest. Broken River Mountain Resort aims to ensure you enjoy an experience which is directed to their individual expectations and level of interest. They also offer what is recognised as the world’s most reliable location to view platypus in their natural habitat.
Broken River Mountain Resort promote and encourage an interest in conservation values, both locally and globally, in their own small way. They aim for zero impact on the natural environment through such initiatives as recycling and waste minimisation. They invite you to experience Broken River Mountain Resort for yourself.
Activites and Experiences at Broken River Mountain Resort
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- Canoeing Subject to river levels.
- Animal Viewing Platypus viewing.
- 24 hour Reception After hours night bell.
- Adult Retreat
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park
- Courtesy transfer To walks, birdwatching and spotlighting.
- Communal Lounge
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Cots Available
- Gardens in property
- High Chair
- Laundry Guest laundry with ironing facilities.
- Microwave oven
- Nightcall button
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Open fireplace
- Outdoor furniture
- Swimming Pool Outdoor
- Restaurant Licensed
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly
- Eco Tourism Advanced accreditation.
- Flora and Fauna
- National Park
- Nature based
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- The Ecotourism Association of Australia
- Hotel, Motel and Accommodation Association of Australia
- Mackay Tourism
- Visitor Information Centre
- American Express
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Diners Club
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Money Order
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Foreign Travellers Cheques
- 3 1/2 Stars
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Cooking Facilities – Limited
- Facsimile/Modem point
- Insect screens
- Internet Access
- Iron/Ironing board
- ISD phone
- Microwave oven
- Non Smoking Room
- Telephone And separate data point.
- Private Facilities
- Rollaway Bed
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Washer and dryer
More Accommodation In Mirani
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Mirani.
Tours In Mirani
Experience some of the tours options around Mirani.