Mystery Mountain Farmstay, Beechmont
Mystery Mountain Farmstay caters for groups only with a minimum of 10 guests and a maximum of 50. It is a purpose built facility located on 55 acres of rich volcanic soil on Beechmont plateau in the Gold Coast Hinterland, just 45 minutes from Surfers Paradise. The Farmstay caters for groups from 10 to 50 people in comfortable bunk-style accommodation. Modern air-conditioned shower and toilet facilities make provision for disabled people, and are located within the farmhouse. Open fireplaces provide warmth in winter, and air-conditioning in the dining room allows for visitors to experience the views over the treetops and out to sea in comfort.
Day-to-day activities on the property include feeding the miniature horses and other farm animals, picking fruit and vegetables, assisting in food preparation and daily farm duties. Local crafts people provide demonstrations of skills and handcrafts, including sculpting, pottery, painting, weaving, and crotchet, massage and aroma therapy. Many local activities include milking at the neighbouring one hundred year old dairy farm, bush walking in the nearby Lamington National Park, and fishing and canoeing on the Hinze Dam.
The owners, Jan and Garth Keppie, have been Gold Coast residents for over 20 years. They also own and operate the Australian International College of Language (AICOL), an english language school established at Southport on the Gold Coast in 1993, and are very experienced in providing high quality english language training and study tours to people from all over the world. They see Mystery Mountain Farmstay as being complementary to their language college, as well as being a stand alone tourist facility for groups of international visitors, including study groups, the convention and incentive market, and corporate retreats.
Activites and Experiences at Mystery Mountain Farmstay
- Art and Craft making
- Farm/Station activity
- Hay rides
- Horseriding Horse riding lessons and horse care.
- Animal Riding
- Bush Tucker
- Animal Viewing
- Adult Retreat Minimum groups 10 Maximum of 50.
- BBQ Facilities
- Child Activity Program Farmstay – Minimum groups of 10 to Maximum 50.
- Conference/Convention Facilities Up to 30 people.
- Group Minimum 10 to Maximum 50.
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Open fireplace
- TV/Lounge Area
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Flora and Fauna
- Nature based
- Japanese Spoken and Written Japanese.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Group 10 to 50 people.
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- Foreign Exchange Draft
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Foreign Travellers Cheques
- Not Available
- Air Conditioning Modern air-conditioned dining room.
- Additional Bathroom 12 modern private air-conditioned shower and toilet block.
- Heating Two wood fires and some air-conditioned.
- Hot Tub
- Insect screens
- Iron/Ironing board
- Open fireplace
- Shared bathroom Private shower and toilet areas-reverse cycle air conditioning.