Wanderers Holiday Village – Lucinda, Lucinda
Wanderer’s Holiday Village – Lucinda is a nature-lover’s tropical beachside caravan park. Birds abound in the numerous palm trees in the village, including black cockatoos and torresian pigeons in summer and stone curlews nesting in the village in winter. It is situated on the North Queensland coast, two hours’ drive north of Townsville, and two and a half hours’ drive south of Cairns, opposite the southern tip of Hinchinbrook Island.
The Hinchinbrook Channel offers safe boating, fishing, dugong and sea turtle observation, with easy access from the Lucinda boat ramp, whilst those without a boat have the beach, estuaries and jetty from which to cast a line, or enjoy long walks.
Winter in North Queensland offers warm sunny days, with endless opportunities in the great outdoors, with many natural attractions such as Wallaman Falls, Broadwater State Forest Park, Mount Fox Crater, numerous creeks and waterholes and the Thorsborne Trail, one of the nominated Great Walks of the World, on Hinchinbrook Island.
Wanderer’s – Lucinda offers 140 shady powered sites, 30 campsites, a huge well-maintained amenities block, and 14 air conditioned, self contained cabins which surround two shady swimming pools for refreshing all year swimming.
Activities that are accessible from the village are eco-tours, reef fishing, snorkelling, and walking trails.
Activites and Experiences at Wanderers Holiday Village – Lucinda
- Fishing – Beach
- Fishing – Estuary
- Sports Participate Bocce, tennis, volleyball (beach), table tennis.
- BBQ Facilities Free gas barbecues.
- Bicycle Hire
- Boat Ramp Plus boat trailer hire available.
- Camp Kitchen Camp wash-up area/room.
- Car park
- Vehicle wash facilities
- Courtesy transfer By arrangement. Collection and drop off to/from Ingham for bus/airport/train.
- Communal Refrigerator Fridge, freezer and fish cleaning shed with freezer are available for guest use.
- Cots Available
- Equipment Hire
- Games/Recreation Room
- Nightcall button
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Outdoor furniture
- Swimming Pool Outdoor Two.
- Public Telephone At entrance to village.
- TV/Lounge Area
- Caravan and Camping
- Environmental Talks on fish species/conservation during school holidays.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Caravan Industry Australia Limited
- Townsville Enterprises
- Visitor Information Centre
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Diners Club
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Money Order
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Foreign Travellers Cheques
- 2 1/2 Stars Cabins.
- 3 1/2 Stars Park.
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Cooking Facilities – FULL
- DVD Player For hire.
- Insect screens
- Internet Access
- Linen Sheets, towels for hire.
- Microwave oven
- Non Smoking Room
- Private Facilities
- Rollaway Bed
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
More Accommodation In Lucinda
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Lucinda.