Old Boyneside Farmstay, Kingaroy
Old Boyneside is a working cattle and grain property in the fertile South Burnett region, centred around the thriving town of Kingaroy, three hours’ drive from Brisbane in Queensland’s south-east.
Resident owners and managers are Peter and Moira Curtain who are happy to welcome you to their homestead and show you around the property and district. For youngsters there is an endless string of chores and activities – animal feeding, running the working dogs, milking the cow, taking a wagon ride behind the tractor, collecting eggs, pony rides, and so on. For others there are comprehensive escorted tours of the farm and district, covering (according to time available and interest) such features as the spectacular Bunya Mountains National Park, local wineries, historic Jimbour House, Dalby cattle sale, a peanut factory tour and a look at local products in season – from avocados, apricots, peaches and plums to duboisia, paulownia, redclaw and peanuts.
All meals, all tours and all activities (except horseriding) are included in the homestead tariff. An additional charge applies to horse riding.
A self contained cottage is available for those who prefer to provide their own meals. With this option, guests are able to join in some on-farm activities and drive themselves to various local attractions.
When available, the self contained cottage is offered to fully-catered visitors, who are then able to choose between the homestead guest wing and the cottage, the latter often being a more comfortable option for those with young children.
The property has been in the family from 1922. Since 1988 Peter and Moira have been giving travellers from all over the world a taste of true Australian hospitality – and they’d love to show you around their delightful corner of the world.
Activites and Experiences at Old Boyneside Farmstay
- Birdwatching Old Boyneside has an extensive birdlist.
- Bushwalking Boyne River walks with a touch of history.
- Farm/Station activity Farm tours, animal feeding, wagon rides.
- Flora Extensive gardens as well as native flora.
- Hay rides Even Ataturk, the turkey, goes along for the ride.
- Horseriding Horses for all levels.
- Learning/Lessons/Tuition English tuition by registered teacher.
- Animal Riding
- Spotlighting Find the native wildlife such as owls and possums.
- Animal Viewing Activities revolve around farm animals of all kinds.
- Walking Lots of scope for bushwalking.
- Wine Tasting Wineries trail tours.
- BBQ Facilities Barbecue available for self contained cottage guests.
- Car park
- Courtesy transfer From Kingaroy or Dalby.
- Child Activity Program Children love farm holidays.
- Group Small groups welcome.
- Open fireplace In the homestead.
- Restaurant – BYO Evening meals in homestead if required for self contained cottage guests.
- TV/Lounge Area
- Wood Heater/Pot Belly Slow combustion stoves in homestead and cottage.
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Educational Stimulating and educational for children.
- Farm/Station Farm activities included in fully catered tariff.
- Flora and Fauna
- Historic/Heritage Property owned and operated by same family since 1922.
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture Agriculture and beef.
- National Park Adjoins property.
- Nature based
- Soft Adventure Tours in comfort – farm, wineries, National Park.
- Wilderness Some untouched bushland.
- Wildlife Native animals in natural habitat.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Fraser Coast South Burnett
- South Burnett
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Money Order
- Not Available
- Balcony Verandah and decks to garden.
- Bath Bath and shower.
- Bath Robe
- Blankets Extra blankets available.
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric Blanket
- Facsimile/Modem point
- Games Board games and table tennis.
- Heating Slow combustion stoves, open fireplace.
- Insect screens
- Internet Access
- Iron/Ironing board
- Microwave oven
- Open fireplace
- Private Facilities Private guest wing leading to deck and garden.
- Stairs Four steps to garden.
- Stereo/CD player
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Video Cassette Recorder
- Washing Machine
More Accommodation In Kingaroy
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Kingaroy.
Tours In Kingaroy
Experience some of the tours options around Kingaroy.