Kookaburra Lodge, Yungaburra
Set inland from Cairns is a quaint little village in the heart of the Tablelands. Yungaburra with all its history is National Trust registered. It is also home to wonderful Kookaburra Lodge. Nestled in a pocket of open rainforest, Yungaburra is rich in nature’s treasures.
Explore the World Heritage rainforest, scenic views of the mighty mountains, the many rivers, raging waterfalls and tranquil lakes in volcano craters. See platypus, tree kangaroo, cassowary and abundant bird life.
In the heart of the village is Kookaburra Lodge… small, stylish, private and peaceful. Enjoy fine food prepared from the best local produce, served in our dining room. Take breakfast with the birds on the wide verandah amidst fragrant gardens. Relax by the pool or a cosy winter fire.
The Lodge caters for guests who appreciate individual style and cheerful, attentive service in a setting of outstanding natural beauty.
Activites and Experiences at Kookaburra Lodge
- Birdwatching Major birdwatching area in immediate vicinity.
- Bushwalking Immediate vicinity.
- Sightseeing Rainforest, waterfalls, platypus viewing.
- Animal Viewing Platypus viewing – 200 metre walk.
- Walking Bushwalking.
- Car park Outdoor.
- Iron Iron and ironing board available.
- Laundry Washing and ironing done on premises.
- Non Smoking Establishment No smoking in rooms.
- Open fireplace In lounge/dining room.
- Swimming Pool Outdoor
- Public Telephone In reception.
- Restaurant – BYO Intimate dining lounge with pot-belly fire. Enjoy fine food prepared from the best of prime Tableland produce cooked with respect for their flavours.
- Room Service Breakfasts are served on individual verandahs.
- Tour Desk Guests can make bookings.
- TV/Lounge Area Lounge/reading area.
- Flora and Fauna
- Relaxation Quiet, sedate, birds, amongst gardens and trees.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- American Express
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Diners Club
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Foreign Travellers Cheques
- Not Available
- Air Conditioning
- Balcony Verandah.
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Heating All rooms have reverse cycle air-conditioning.
- Insect screens
- Non Smoking Room
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
More Accommodation In Yungaburra
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Yungaburra.